Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Wedding Poems: Invitations (2)

Shower Favor Poem
Poem by Heather B.


I Thank each and every one of you
for being here on this my shower day,
your presence means a lot to me,
for a Bride is what I've come to be.

My wedding is 1 week away,
I DO, I DO is what I'll say!!!!
Heathers' Bridal Shower

I used this as a poem for my shower favors.


Jingle Bells (Christmas Shower Theme)
Poem by Carolyn


Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way.
Carolyn and G need your help on Christmas Day.
Please bring a decoration to help them trim their tree,
So that their Christmas will be as Merry as can be.


Lingerie Shower/includes game
Poem by Candy Williams


______ and ________ have set the date
Let's have a shower to celebrate.

In honor of the "bride to be"
We're hosting a lingerie party.

You'll not want to miss the fun that is planned
But I'll need your help to give me a hand.

It's only one small, simple request
For a game we'll be playing called "Guess".

This requires you to bring your favorite sleepwear,
So place it in a bag and don't fret or snare!

For _________ will be asked to place
the nightwear with the face.

So mark your calendar, ____________ is the date,
We know you'll enjoy the snacks and the cake!

_________ is the time set aside
at _________________ drive.



Invitation to be a bridesmaid
Poem by Katie Rogers


I sit and think about my wedding day
Friends and family join to play
Hundreds of things to check off my list
Even the small details won?t be missed.



I'll always remember the times we've shared.
You've laughed with me, you've cried with me, and always shown you care.
So at this very special time, the day I am a bride,
I want you to be a bridesmaid who stands by my side.

Soon I will marry the man of my dreams
My face shines bright and happily beams
But in order to make this day complete
Please join us for as we celebrate on June 14th.


Lingerie Shower Invitation Poem
Poem by Jennifer Napier Richmond, VA


(Bride's Name) has hooked a man and not a thing to wear
We don't want her on her honeymoon night giving (Groom's name) quite a scare
So come in your favorite jammies and bring a pair for (Bride's name) too
Flannel, cotton, knit or silk or maybe something you can see through

Breakfast is on the menu
Waffles, fruit and juice

And a little champagne to celebrate that we're cutting (Bride's name) loose!


Alphabet Shower (adapted from others)
PoemDenise Moore


Cupid?s work is nearly done
Soon Amber and John will be ?one.?
But as we wait for that special hour,
Let?s honor the Bride with an Alphabet Shower!

It?s really fun and easy, so don?t you fret,
Just give a gift that starts with the letter you get.
Then attach the letter for all to see
So the gifts can be opened alphabetically!

The information follows for this very special date.
We hope that you can come and help us celebrate!

(Please join us for an Alphabet Shower honoring. . . who, date, time, place, hosted by, etc.)

No comments: