Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Wedding Poems: For Bridal Party Members (1)

Stand By Me
Poem by Heather B


You welcomed me with open arms
When I was strange and new.
You treat me as a sister would,
And now it's coming true!

Now here we are, some time away
from (date here), our wedding day.
I?ve bought the dress,
and started all our plans.
My maid-of-honor's been chosen
As well as his best man.

But still there are those special ones
who have been there all the way..
the bridesmaids and the ushers
who are in our hearts to stay.

So just to make it all official
we ask you in this way
to be at my side as my bridesmaid
and share in our special day.



Thank You!
Poem by Angela Madere


Let me just say to all, Thank You!

It's very hard to describe
And not enough words to express.
But give us just a minute
and we'll try to do our best.

Thank You is just two words
But it can mean a thousand things.
But as ____ and I move forward
We are learning all its great meanings.

We learned what it meant
and still learning along the way.
But looking at all your faces,
We find the words of Thanks to say.

Thanks to all our friends,
who helped to keep us sane.
Thanks to all our family,
for helping us once again.

Thank you for your voices,
for letting us hear your songs.
Thank you for you support,
and helping us to be strong.

Thank you for your wisdom,
it has helped in many ways.
Thank you for your love,
it has helped us to see this day.

So you see,
Thanks is not just a word that?s said.
Thanks is a love and a feeling.
That enters our heart and sticks in our head.

Thanks for helping us find the words to say,
And thanks for helping us to live this ever lasting day.


Will you be my bridesmaid?
Poem by Patty Marcus Chicago


(Name), you have helped me through some trying times,
Spared some change when I did not have a dime,
Held my hair back after prom and swore you would never tell my mom,
We have fought over boys (only God knows why),
We have laughed together and we have even cried.
So, please if you?ll do just one more little task,
I promise that this is all I will ever ask:
Will you wear a dress of (color), while I will wear my dress of white - -
Say you will be my bridesmaid on my special wedding night?

No comments: