Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Wedding Poems: For the Parents/Family (1)

I am Today
Poem by Sabrina L. Keys


I am the woman I am today because of the man and woman you were yesterday.
Thank you for teaching me responsibility and showing me love in many ways.
When I didn?t believe in myself, you were the ones who always believed in me.
When others let me down your were always the ones who would lift me back to my feet.
Thank you God for blessing me with parents who tended to me so unselfishly.
I am so blessed to have you in my life. Thank you for the wonderful childhood memories.

I am the man I am today because of the man and woman you were yesterday.
Thank you for showing me the true meaning of unconditional love in each and every way.
Thank you for guiding and teaching me the ways to become a true, adult man.
I will never forget those lessons that have helped to mold and shape me, now I can honestly say, I understand.
Why you worked so hard to ensure that I remained focused on success and never became lost.
Thank you Lord for the sacrifices my parents made to raise me right at all costs.

We are the couple we are today because of the parents you were yesterday.
Thank you for making it possible for us to unite as one on this very, special day.


Mom and Dad
Poem by Mandee Sears


Tomorrow is the day, I've dreamed of all my life.
I will then be marrying, becoming my love's wife.
I wanted to tell you how special, you two are to me.
You have made me what I am, and am ready to be.

Tonight I will sleep, with dreams of bygone days,
My loving, carefree childhood, and of my childish ways.
Then I will awake, with dreams of things to come,
What my life will be, and who I will become.

With the morning I will have, emotions flowing free,
I just wanted you to know, I'll need you there with me
Your strength and love will guide me, as I become the bride,
As I start this precious journey, I need you by my side.

As I stand with Dad, at the beginning of the aisle
Please look at me dear Mom, I'll need to see your smile.
Your smile and Dad's arm, will help to steady me,
As I take this blessed step, for God and all to see.

I'll always be your daughter, and your love I'll always need,
Though we are starting a new chapter, planting a new seed.
He is my love, my life, my everything to me,
And he will be beside me, as we tackle what will be.

So on the eve of my wedding day, I say these words to you,
Hoping that you realize, you're in everything I do.
Tomorrow I will pledge to him, my very heart and soul,
You have helped to mold me, and he will make me whole.


You Are The Sister I Never Have Had
Poem by Susan Protz

Dedicated to my future sister in law...

I wanted a sister to call all my own
I didn?t get one, my childhood was lone.
I wanted a sister so we could share toys with glee
Alas, all my toys were only played with by me
I wanted a sister with whom to join Scouts
I wanted a sister to share giggly bouts!
I wanted a sister to wear my makeup and clothes
I wanted a sister to help dispel my woes
I wanted a sister to share my joy
Because I got my first date with my very first boy!
I wanted a sister to happily jump up and down
At my high school graduation seeing me in my cap and gown
I wanted a sister to write to from my college dorm room
My letters would be filled with homesick sighs and gloom
I wanted a sister to hear my gripes and vents
About my first boss that made absolutely NO sense!
I wanted a sister to see my shining ring
From the man in my life that made my heart sing
I never got a ?Real? sister ? and here?s the best part that?s true:
I got a genuine sister.
And, that sister is YOU!

No comments: