Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Wedding Poems: For Bridal Party Members (2)

Bachelorette Party Toast
Poem by Monica Trujillo


A toast to the Bride . . .
A toast to the bride to be,
Because she is about to wed you see,
She will help us understand,
What it's like to find the perfect man,
For she will submit to marry thee,
On (date),
Our task has become very clear,
As the wedding day nears,
No matter what we put her through,
No matter what we say and do,
She must not have any doubt,
She must be ready to carry out,
Her vows without any fear,
Tonight our bride remains on her best behavior,
If she is tempted by a stripper or two,
If she has a shot or a few,
Even if we tempt her fate,
She knows her destiny awaits,
To meet her beautiful beau,
because in the end she will say I do.
Congratulations (bride's name,)
We love you!


Please Join Me
Poem by Carrie


you welcomed me with open arms
when i was strange and new.
you treat me like a sister would
and now it's coming true.

when summer comes, 2006,
i'll be a blushing bride
and i would be quite honored
if you'd be there by my side.


Shower Favor Thank You
Poem by Laila


Just a little gift to say we appreciate you!
Thank you for coming
and for the gifts too!
Hipe tosee you (Date of wedding)
When (groom) & Bride)
say "I Do"
There will be an even
bigger party, as we shove
them off for the
Honeymoon!


Handyman 3
Poem by Leigh


Wishing Well
The bride?s had all of the attention so far,
For just a few minutes, let?s make "Groom" the star!
We?ve purchased a toolbox to fill with small treasures,
A hammer, a wrench, or a tape measure.
If you would like help fill it, please bring something along,
We know it will come in handy all their life long!


Wanted Bride's Maid
Poem by Malia Simer


The below poem is a suggestion to invite your friends to be your bride's maid. it tells them how much they mean to you and also what their duty as a bride's maid entails:

Bride's Maid Wanted!
By the Order of Malia Simer

A friend who's good and true.
Who will wear a dress to show her colors
through and through.
Who will listen to gold and white or
flaming red and orangey bright.
A friend who will dance with heart
knowing every part.
A friend who will shower me with tokens of love and liberty as my days of singlehood fly by me.

You've been there when I did not have a dime,
and did not mind when i would cry.
You've loved me through the storm and
picked me up when was torn.
Now please be my side as i would be honored
to have you as my bride's maid on an autumn day when to me my love is sworn.


Would You Be...Matron of Honor?
Poem by Sarah


You welcomed me with open arms
when I was strange and new.
A smile so warm and so sincere,
caring, trusting and true.

A friendship would blossom
with each passing day.
Growing stronger and brighter
in many a way.

Engaged am I now
to be married at last.
And for you, Kris, I have
a special question to ask.

When spring 2006 is here
and I will be a blushing bride.
Would you do me the great honor
as matron on my side?


My Cousin, My Sister
Poemy Andrea Torrence


You are my cousin; this is true.
But I want you to know you're my "sister" too.
There for me when I needed you most
Opened your home to me, a gracious host.

We've shared some good times and sad ones too,
But your friendship always saw me through.
You've made me laugh when I wanted to cry
And held my hand when I could only sigh.

On this precious day as I become Mon's wife,
I plan to be with him for the rest of my life,
But don't you dare worry, cry, or fret
He has not taken your place; that you can bet.

He will be my husband, but you are my girl,
And that you will be until I leave this world.
So always know that I truly love you
And thank God for giving me a "sister" that's true

No comments: