Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Wedding Poems: Wishing Wells, Gifts and Memorial (4)

Voucher gift request
Poem by Melanie Holden given to me by a friend, unknown origin


On this our special wedding day
We would just like to say
We have a house with contents too
So presents would not really do.
But if a gift you'd like to bring
A *debenhams* voucher would be the thing.
We hope this will not cause offence
But in our case it makes more sense.


The Big Kahuna
Poem by Jennifer Rose Vitt Six Flags Wet Wedding


The Big Kahuna
six stories high,
Await us in the
big blue sky.
We are not about
the big boo hoo,
And this seems like
the thing to do.
So what do you say
we take the plunge,
And lets go have
some wild fun.


In Memory of
Poem by Reena Kruse


In lieu of favors,
The new Mr. & Mrs.
Are giving a gift unique

Not a candle,
Or a picture frame,
Or a cup from which to drink.

To remember the ones,
Who remain in our hearts
But couldn't be here today.

A donation was made,
To honour their memory,
In our very special way.


In Loving Memory
Poem by Jeanette Hawkinson Holmen, WI


Although we can't see you
We know you are here
Smiling down, watching over us
As we say "I DO"
Forever in our hearts
Forever in our lives
And so we say our vows
In loving memory of you.


Guardian Angel
Poem by Linda Stanley


I hope you like your Guardian Angel.
I know she'll treat you well.
Trust her, love her, open your heart.
You know she'll never tell.
She's here to guide and protect you.
And whenever the climb gets steep,
She'll never let you fall too far;
Her love for you is deep.
With wings of crystal she'll pick you up;
With eyes of light she guides.
Even when you're all alone,
Your Guardian Angel abides.
Her presence gives you warmth;
Her touch will bring you rest.
But, her smile, most of all,
Says, "You've done your best."


Wishing well
Poem by Victoria Foley Essex, United Kingdom


Now we are to be Mr & Mrs
We don't need a wedding list of dishes
we have two kettles, two toasters, two microwaves
We require a house for which we have to save.
If you would like to give us a gift
A cheque or vouchers would give us a lift
We like to think of it as our 'Wishing Well'
Which will be filled with your love, we can tell.


Our Treasure Chest
Poem by Tanya Meyn Newcastle


"An Alternate Gift Idea"


To save you looking, shopping and buying,
Heres and idea we hope you like trying.

As we have all the little things we require,
Some money for bigger things is what we desire.

So pop a cheque in a card,
It really isn't all that hard.

Place your envelope in our "Treasure Chest'
And we will shop for what is best.

Now that we've saved you all that fuss,
We hope you will come and celebrate with us.


What to give
Poem by Cassandra Frid Gladstone Australia


White goods we have
Linen we always use
So.. What to give
to whom that has all
To make it an ease
a wishing well
is what we please
to help us on our special day
but the choice is yours
Be as it may


Best Friends
Poem by Bonnie Carnahan


Through all of our ups and downs,you always seem to be around.

I cherish every moment spent with you, whether it be serious talks or just joking around.

I can't think of a better person to share my secret thoughts with then you.

It's nice to know that even though your so far away, that you always seem to care how I am feeling.

You know when I am feeling happy or sad and always have something to say to put a smile upon my face.

Friendship is built upon faith and trust.

I trust your judgment and know you will never lead me astray.

I don't open up with just anyone, but with you I feel a comfort zone.

Don't ever stop being who you are, because that is why I feel so close to you.

You are like a sister to me and I know we will be friends for a very long time to come.

I hope someday that we do get a chance to meet face to face, because you are someone I enjoy being around with.

Don't let anyone tell you that you are not worthy and never settle for anything less, because you are a special person that I hold dear to my heart.

I cannot think of a better way to start a day, then to receive a cheery hello from my best friend.


Money Tree Poem
Poem by Jill Sibley Kansas


I?m just a little money tree
With lots of branches, bare as can be!
But you can make my branches bloom
With good things for the bride and groom!

Please take your gift and give me leaves
To make my branches full and green!
For the newlyweds I?ll be a blessing
I'll give them all their nest is missing!


To my best friend
PoemDiana Johnson


I kept my promise, to, love, honor, and share. I kept my promise that to you I would always there Until death do we part, that is what they say, Oh my love why did you leave me that day? I wasn't ready for you to say goodbye, as I look into the heavens with tears in my eyes, I wasn't ready for you to die. My best friend why did you leave and not say goodbye? With so many questions and no answers as to why. I would have gone with you, However God knows best and took you home to give you rest. I was not ready, no not just yet, With only one regreat that I didn't tell you one last time I love you, and forever you will be mine. My best friend this you must know, and never forget. I will see you again when God calls my name and say's it is time to home and be with your best friend once again. (this poem was written in loving memory for my friends late husband).

No comments: