Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Wedding Poems: For the Reception (1)

Marriage's Nuturing Seeds
Poem by Denise Childress


We toast upon your long lives together
Your hearts joined as one combined forever
May your lives be blessedly joyous and carefree
Your spirits always connected and souls blended for all to see...

From this day forward may your happiness but grow
May you gloriously reap all the nuturing seeds that you shall sow
And for all your days to come bask in its loving warm glow...
Congratulations to the beautiful newly married bride and groom!


Guestbook poem
Poem by Debra Douglas Jupiter Florida


On this table you will find
our wedding guest book for you to sign.
Please take a moment on a page so bare
a sentiment or two to share.
Please use a page for each of you
so that we may know your feelings true.
This little book will serve as we
keep it forever in loving memory.


Our Wedding Message to You
Poem by Karen


We have dreamed of this moment for so long
And it is finally here today
We appreciate you sharing it with us
Especially to those who came a long way

We hope you enjoy your dinner
The dancing and all the fun
And don?t forget to keep in touch
When all this is said and done

On the table you will find some treats
Cameras, rose petals, and bubbles
And we have some favors to ask of you
If it is not too much trouble

If you are wondering what the bubbles are for
Don?t worry you will have your chance
To blow them together all at once
As we share our first dance

Please pass the cameras all around
Be creative and fun
Just be sure to leave them on the tables
When you are all done

You can shower us with rose petals
As we leave to start our new life
For tomorrow we will be embarking on a new journey
As husband and wife!


When I looked at you
Poem by Carrie West Virgina


No song can explain how I feel
No poem could make sence
In what I feel about you
The day I fell in love with you
That sunday morning in December
was the best day of my life
My eyes opened eyed
My life started to pull together
Things started to make sence
My life is where I finally want it
God has told me it is finally my turn
But just a little more time
A dream revealed to me
What I already knew
All this I saw
When I looked at you
That sunday morning at church
Back in December of 2002
You hand stretched out for mine
My eyes met yours
Placed my hand in yours
My heart began to tremble
People could see it
What I at first denied
But god opened my eyes
That Sunday morning in Dec

No comments: