Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Wedding Poems: For the Parents/Family (2)

Mother
Poem by Amy Hanley


When i look into your eyes i see hurt for all the pain ive caused

When i look into your eyes i see anger for all the trouble ive been

When i look into your eyes i see encouragement without this i wouldnt be who i am today

When i look into your eyes i see love the kind of love no-one else could ever give me

When i look at you i see a wonderful, beautiful, talented woman who i am lucky enough to be able to say is my mother


In Loving Memory
Poem by Michelle R. DiSalvo New Windsor, N.Y.


On this day, somewhat bittersweet,the thought of you pains my heart.
I cannot help but remember the day we seemed destined to part.
I know you are looking down us us,watching from above.
Yet, how I wish you were here today showing your support, and love.
I'm all grown up now, but I still wish you were here by my side.
I need you here on the day that I am becoming a bride.
However, I cannot change the past.
All that's left now are sweet memories.
Memories, and thoughts that in my heart will always last.
I am moving forward, but I can't help looking back.
Thinking of you, and how you did everything in your own special way.
Because of you, I have learned to cherish each, and every single day.

Daddy, I love you with all of my heart. You are sadly missed, and will never be forgotten.


To my mom on my wedding day
Poem by Jackie Morgan


Mom, you taught me many things
as I grew up in your love
To make my dreams reality
and to pray to God above
I never needed for a friend
you are the best for me
Our lahghter, tears, and memories
are who I am and what I'll be
We've shared so much through these years
and I can't wait to share years more
Together we'll explore the future,
though I won't be up one floor
My future husband is the Knight
you prayed that he would be.
Mom, you made me believe in love
Cause you gave it to me.


For My Parents (from Son)
Poem by Mandee Sears


For My Parents

I know I don?t say it often, and you can?t read my mind,
But on the eve of my wedding day, I thought I should be inclined,
To tell you how special you are, and you mean the world to me
A son couldn?t have better parents, or a better family tree.

I have always felt very loved, even when I was in trouble.
Which all of us know was more than you imagined, maybe even double!
I hope to pass on that love, to children of my own,
The example you set will be hard to follow, but I will not be alone.

I was once a little boy, that you raised with love and care
I have now become a man, and my life I am ready to share.
She is my life, my best friend, my soulmate and confidante,
There is no other person, that I could ever want.

Tomorrow we?ll be joined in marriage, for now and evermore,
I?ll be armed with the qualities you taught me, and, am now, thanking you for.
Please know that I might not say it, but my heart is full of love,
For the things I have, but mostly for, yourselves that you gave all of.

No comments: