Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Wedding Poems: For the Parents/Family (3)

I'm still your little girl
Poem by Andrea Kennedy North Yorkshire, England


Mum and Dad, you've brought me up and I really want to say
That I love you very much on this very special day.
You've looked after me, protected me from the horrors of the world,
But although I'm taking adult steps, I'm still your little girl.
I'll always need your love, you know, your presence in my life
Even though from this day forth, I am someone's wife.
So thank you both for everything, because my life sprang from you
I'll use you as my role models in everything I do.


To Mom & Dad in Heaven
Poem by Eileen O'Hara Dix Hills, NY


My Wedding day is finally here
My only wish is for you to be near
I am marrying the man of my dreams
He is everything that he seems
I know you both love us so
and you'll be with us, We know
I know you'll be watching from above
Because of that, the day will be filled with love
I will be thinking of you throughout the day
There will not be enough words that I can say
To express to you how sad I am
That this was God's ultimate plan.

I love you Mommy & Daddy


This wedding to be
Poem by linda johnson


I've felt you in heaven, watching over this wedding to be.
I know that you found Michael, and sent him to charm me.
I wish you could see the woman I have become.
A sister, a friend, a soon to be wife, and someday I hope, a MOM.
I feel so fortunate to have Michael in my life, he's such a great man.
He makes me a better person, and guess what Dad? he's a Patriots fan.
I've missed you so much, there was plenty I wanted to say.
But you've given me the gift of cherishing every moment of every day.
Michael and I won't take our lives for granted, these moments go by so fast.
The times we have today eventually become our memories of the past.
So we'll live life and enjoy it, be the best people we can be.
Until we meet again in heaven, We'll enjoy this wedding to be.


In Honor of my Dad-On my Wedding Day
Poemy Donna Roberts


Oh, my Papa, can you see,
Through space and the Milky Way?
Just how happy my heart feels?
For it's my Wedding Day!

Did you ever dream so big?
And know this day would come?
And that I’d stand with one I love
Reflected in the Son?

Oh, my Papa, I need a hug
Even tho’ you’re not here;
To let me know you love me still
And hold me and calm my fears.

I miss your laughter to this day
I miss your hugging Mom.
It’s been so long since you left this earth
And went to your heavenly Home.

I just wanted to let you know
That I’ve found someone so real!
He loves me, Papa, like I never dreamed
That any man, for me, could feel.

Could you send a little star my way?
And let me know you’re close?
And an angel here and there?
Don’t need a big heavenly host.

I love you Papa; I wish you could see
How happy my heart is today.
Thanks for loving me and helping me
To be ready for my wedding day.

No comments: