Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Wedding Poems: Wishing Wells, Gifts and Memorial (1)

If I Died Tomorrow...
Poem by Sangita Bisoi India


If I died tomorrow
Would you be sad?
Something in your eyes tells me
You would be glad!

If I died tomorrow
Would you be upset?
Something in your action tells me
You wouldn't even remember the day we met!

If I died tomorrow
Would you cry?
Something in your eyes tells me
They would be dry!

If I died tomorrow
Would you even care?
Something in your heart tells me
It's something you could bear!

If I died tomorrow
Would you be filled with sorrow?
Something in your voice tells me
You would be looking forward to tomorrow!

If I died tomorrow
Would you sit at home & wonder?
If I really did loved you
And why I even bothered?

If I died tomorrow
Would your heart be broken in two?
Or would you try to figure out
Who the next one is to say...
I Love You!


If We Must Die
Poem by Lynn Stanley


If we must die
Let us laugh before we go
Sorrow will only prolong it
Only joy I'd like to know
If death will come swiftly
And carry us off
Close our eyes to the night
Please whisper gentle and soft
The morning star will lead us on
The moon will light our way
Soon the sun will take their place
And starts another day
If we must die
Let us die as does a breath
Quickly and fleeting
Yet, never fearing death


Angelheart
Poem by Amos Loveth


Light shines down
from heaven above
An angel is born
on earth with love
Guided by fate
and handled with care
This gift received
for all to share
Bright feathered wings
this angel will soar
Through this life
spreading joy and more!

True Love Never Last
Poem by Bonnie Carnahan


I am not willing to be anything but your lover.
My intention is not, till death us do part.

I am only a fill for a void.
I am not a permanent fixture.

I offer compassion and understanding.
A vacation from the every day drama of life.
A warm body to temporarily enjoy.

A drifter, a roamer, and sometimes a heart breaker.

Do not depend on me.
For I will only leave and break your heart.

Do not want me for anything more than a lover.
I will not make any promises that will never be kept.

I will not participate in any dreams.
For dreams are for someone romanticly in love.

There are two separate beginnings and two separate ends.
I can be no more than your lover, but I can still be your friend.

A distraction, an interlude is all I can be.
I am not forever.
But I am here and I am now.

No comments: