Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Wedding Poems: Wishing Wells, Gifts and Memorial (3)

I still love you with a broken heart
Poem by kathern brown


Sitting in my lonely room,
with you not at my side,
I have time to gather my thoughts,
ones that are deep inside.

My thoughts begin when I first met you,
I knew it was love at first sight,
And I finally knew why I was on earth,
And why God had given me life.

We spent all our time we had togeather,
Which was all day and night.
We never disagreed on anything,
And we never had our fights.

And then God blessed us with a baby girl,
One that we would love,
It seemed as if god knew what he was doing,
When he made us share our love.

But then one day you broke my heart,
And tried to tell you how It made me feel,
But you ignored every word I spoke,
and you broke my heart still.

And for some reason, I dont know why,
I wanted you to hurt too,
And so I made myself lie,
To someone that you knew.

I knew eventually youd find out,
And I really didn't care
All the hurt and the pain I felt inside,
I badly wanted to share.

But now I regret the things I said,
To the person that you knew.
I regret all the lies I have told,
to the one person that I love..you!

But since we have no secrets now,
I want to tell you how I feel,
I wonder if you do the things
That made me feel bad still.

I cry all the time when you're not around,
And I try to hide it when you are
But behind all the smiles I give,
My heart is still weighed down.

I want you to tell me now
you still love me like when we first met
and that youll never break my heart again
Because I made this promise to God for you
before the sun began to set.

Even though we hurt eachother,
and we knew it from the start,
Im sorry for all the pain Ive caused you,I hope you are too,
and I'll still love you with a broken heart.


I remember
Poem by Susie


(This isn't a love poem but they used to be in love so please put this on your site. Thank You)

Mama why are you crying
So far from daddy
Why is daddy always mad
And seems glad to get away
What drove a wedge between you two
Was it me and my sister
Or something you both knew was coming soon
I remember when
Daddy would chase you around the house
And you'd scream and giggle
Just like a silly little school girl
I remember when
Daddy would catch you
And he would laugh and give you
A kiss and a bear hug too
I remember when
You'd burn supper and daddy would
laugh and hold you while you cried
all the time swearing
everything would be alright
I remember when
You were both happy
Stealing kisses when you
Thought we wasn't looking
I remember when
We all went to the beach
And played chicken in the ocean
You would always lose
And dunk daddy under water
And you both would laugh like fools
I remember the good times
When you both would laugh over nothing
I also remember the bad times
That comes more often now
Then the good times
I know you both love each other
And both wish it back to the old days
So then tell me
Mama tell me why your crying
So far from daddy?


Wedding Gift Request
Poem by Ms G Heslop


We are sending out this invitation,
And hope you will join our celebaration.
If to send a gift is your intention,
In modesty we would like to mention,
We have already got a kettle and a toaster,
Crockery, dinner mats and coasters,
So rather than something we have already got,
Please give us money for our saving pot.
But, most importantly, we request,
That you turn up as our wedding guest!

No comments: