Monday, December 1, 2008

Bubbles & Bells Favor Ideas

Sachets & Bells

For wedding favors, we've decided to give silver wedding bells with personalized ribbon, personalized miniature chocolates (about $2/guest) , rosemary sachets & placecards which symbolize fidelity and remembrance (about $1.25/guest)...and my favorite...wine glasses. Since we decided to buy local wine for reception, and luckily bought 72 classic style wine glasses for $45.00. They best time to find great deals is around inventory time (usually Jan and July). I'll decorate the glasses in a simple way to coordinate with the centerpieces, with some 1" lace or beading around the top of the glass with a tiny rose. Not only can we provide real wine glasses to use with the local wine, but our guests can take them home and remember use every time they toast each other !!

Jordan Almonds & Bells
From Amy

We're having five Jordan almonds wrapped in tulle circles tied with personalized ribbons of our names and wedding date. Also tied to the ribbon is a small card with one of about 10 different quotes from children about love and marriage (I saw these circulated via e-mail a year or two ago and thought they'd be fun to include). The quotes are things like "Love is great, but baseball's pretty good, too." The other thing we're doing is having small brass bells on the tables for people to ring in order to make us kiss. These will also have the ribbon tied at the top with a small poem about the reason for the bells on the tables. There aren't enough for everyone to have one (about 60 bells for 100 guests), but those who want to take them home may do so.

Bells, Wildflower Seeds, and a Brass Watering Can
From Kiwi

As we leave the church I have heavy cardstock die-cut hearts with two jingle bells tied on with ribbon with the phrase "As the bride and groom depart, ring the bells with all your heart" calligraphied, for all the guests to ring as we leave. At the reception I have little decorated envelopes of wildflower seed for each guest (will attach a phrase of some sort eventually) and also candied almonds for each guest wrapped in tulle to symbolize the bitterness and sweetness of life. The seeds ties into the whole thing because my wedding is on mayday and my centerpieces are brass watering cans filled with silky and little cream flowers. (I also have a miniature brass watering can for the top of the cake filled with flowers). The cost of the bell things: $12 (180 medium size bells - already had the cardstock - $.33 for a spool of ribbon) - Cost of seed things: $15 (Seed $2.5 a lb envelopes $5) - Cost of the almond things: $30 (tulle $3 - almonds $27)

Fabric Covered Hatboxes & Champagne Bubbles
From Allyson, Canada

My fiancé and I made the attached favors for the women (fabric covered hat boxes, about 2.5 inches across) and will fill them with the traditional candy-covered almonds. They cost about $2.85 CAD each. For the children, we bought champagne bubbles and will attach almonds in tulle to them. They cost about $1.15 CAD each. For the men, we will make seed packets and (again) attach almonds in tulle. They will probably cost about $1.15 also.

Bubbles, Frames & Gourmet Candy Apples
From Julie C

I'm doing 3 things: bubbles for the ceremony, frames for place cards, and gourmet candy apples! We are spending about 25 cents for the bubbles (including a new personalized label and a tag for what it's for, the frames with patterns of falling leaves are $1.50 each and I'm making the place cards myself, the apples I might buy if they can give me a deal in bulk...if it's over $3 each, I'm going to make them myself and then wrap them in cellophane with golden leaf designs and tie them burgundy and gold ribbons with a tag with our names. I have most of these things on sale! I choose bubbles since I don't want to worry about the cleanup of anything thrown, the frames and apples go with my autumn theme. The labels I'm making on the computer, the tags as well but will cut them with a paper cutter and then edge and shape them with a paper edger to look like a leaf and I'll use a leaf punch for the hole to string the tag to the bubbles and the apples. The apples are easy to make: I'd buy the huge red apples, dip them in melted caramel and then leave some plain, roll some in nuts, and drizzle some with chocolate.

Bubbles & Pumpkin Baskets
From Aimee & Brian, 10-17

We had undecorated bubbles, added a address label w/our name and date on them, wrapped a gold ribbon around the neck of the bottle and a small rose it the middle of the ribbon. The gold ribbon matched the address labels gold foil and roses. Bubbles at the time were $6 a box of 24, about 6 boxes, ribbon was 4.00 a spool 2spools. Roses were .99 a pack of 24, about 6 packs. Labels were 6.00 for 150. Glass slippers w/white circles tulle thingies w/candy almonds in them. Glass slipper were 45.00 for 150, circles were 1 something a pack 4 packs. Almonds were 1 something a pack, six packs. Pumpkin baskets were thought of on the whim, we were in the mall and saw whicker pumpkins and we bought one for each table at the dollar store, so you know how much that cost, and filled w/ Hershey's assorted chocolate bar minis in their autumn colors. 1 something at the commissary/military grocery store

Chocolate & Bubbles
From Vanessa & Chris, 8-14, Eagan, Minnesota

After changing my mind about a zillion times, I decided to give chocolates and bubbles. I couldn't decide which favor to do, so I'm doing both. I wanted to also have matchbooks until my MOH pointed out that it seems kind of silly to give out matchbooks when the banquet room is non-smoking! For the chocolates, I'm wrapping up 2 Dove Promises, 2 Nestle Treasures, 2 each of Hershey's Hugs and Kisses in green tulle and tying them with a white personalized ribbon printed in gold (or a gold ribbon printed in white if I can find them that way instead) and with a little card attached. The card will say something to the effect of how that today they witnessed us "promise" to "treasure" one another and "hugs" and "kisses" from us both. I haven't worked out the exact wording yet, though. Depending on how much I have to pay for the chocolates (I'm buying them in bulk from Sam's Club) it works out to be around $1 or so per favor. I'm a TOTAL chocoholic and this favor won't be tossed out and forgotten, just eaten! The bubbles will be wrapped in green tulle and tied with a personalized ribbon with an attached card, too. I would like our guests to blow bubbles during our first dance so the card will say something to that effect. The bubbles work out to be less than $1 each.

No comments: