Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Wedding Poems: Love (27)

Us & God
Poem by Sarah


My love for you runs deeper and deeper
with every passing day
and i can't express my joy in this
that we are living in God's way.

It's the three of us from here on in,
a committment, a love three ways,
we're joining together with us and God
a unity, a bond for all days.

We'll be strong, you know, unbreakable
and I'm excited about our road!
For wherever we are, we know God is there
in our hearts, He is firmly stowed.

Wherever you go I will go, it's true
and wherever you stay I will stay
Your people will be my people too
and together, we'll live God's way.

Wherever you die I will die there too
though I pray it's a long way away
And should we separate before this time,
May God deal with us on that day.

And so we come, no illusions here
we know it will be tough now and then
But God calls us to love and to persevere
and we will if the time comes and when.

So it's the 3 of us on our way again,
doing the best we can for all
I love you,..., and we both love God
so let's go and live up to our call!


My Confession
Poem by Yolanda Hollis


There are no words to find
to adequately explain
the tearful-awe and joy I've found...
I am forever changed...

You are my proof of God
in a cruel and selfish world
from a sea of mud and tarnished earth
emerged a shining pearl

I live each day in humbleness
and gratitude divine
for receiving a gift beyond my reach
and able to call it mine

I watch you while you are sleeping
and gaze while you are awake
I want to touch your beautiful vision
for as long as I can take

Never fear what lies ahead
in me you have your home
for as long as God shall bless this love
you'll never walk alone


True Love
Poem by Stacy


I have heard it said that Love is blind
I have heard this saying a thousand times

Please let me know how love is blind
When most the people in the world
Have a picture of Love in their mind

To them love is predetermined by the color of your face
You are only allowed to fall in love with
"your kind", "your race"

You are not suppose to fall in love with
Someone that is wonderful, loving and fulfulling of your needs
Unless they are of the same race and creed

So how can they say that love is blind?
When I walk down the street with the one I love
and can almost read their minds

By looking into those strangers eyes
I see the questions that always arise
Why him, why not one of us

And the answer I want to scream so loud
Is if you could just see past the color of his skin
You too would see the heart and love within

I did not choose him for his race
Nor did he choose me for mine
So I guess you can say in this one instance
Love is truly blind

So next time you see a couple that doesn't look
Quite right
Maybe they don't see the color of their own skin
Because they see with their heart and not their sight


Love of Ages
Poem by Shana M. Hilaire


As time goes by,
Our Love grows strong,
And by your side,
I do belong...

In every life,
Our souls shall meet,
Our hearts unite,
As one, they'll beat.

No comments: