Saturday, December 8, 2007

Wedding Poems: Romance (11)

Proposal
Poem by Jon Dutton Overland Park, KS


I often wondered what would happen tomorrow,
Would my heart beat fast? Would it break down in sorrow?
Would I discover how truelove should be,
Would I end up alone in life, no us, simply just me?

Would I ever look into the windows of my lover?s heart,
And in doing so realize that from my life, she?ll never part?
Would we have the courage to see it through to the end,
And realize that it is a dream of reality, not of pretend?

I wondered what would happen between her and I,
Would she as anticipated, around me, go quiet and shy?
Would she dare to gaze up into my eyes,
And have all her questions answered, no more why?s?

Would she pull away from my arms when held tight,
Or would my heart tell hers that this feeling is right?
Would she pull away when we kiss, for then she?ll know the secrets to my heart,
And when she realizes I love her, would we never part?

I wondered would our love stand a chance, would it last,
Would she always be my present, my future and not my past?
Would she never regret ever loving me so,
Or one day from her heart and mind simply let me go?

Would we endure each loving moment that a couple can only share,
And when we make love, in my eyes will she only ever stare?
Would she only ever declare my name, be my best friend and my lover,
For in this lifetime, my heart desires her love and no other?

Would the years go by so fast when we are together,
Would she realize that through my darkest days, she is my guiding light?
Would she want to be the mother of my children, forever,
Love them and teach them what is true and right?

Would she love my family the way I someday would love hers,
And when we are apart, like I do her, miss?
Would she look to the future, see her and I for life,
And realize that for her, in loving her so much, my life if need be, I?d sacrifice?

Would we walk along the ocean as an old couple we become,
And sit, like we once sat on the sand and gaze up at the sun?
I behind her, covering with my loving embrace,
Watching the sunset?s reflection upon her face?

Would the day come when we see our children grow,
Sharing with them each moment in love, very slow?
Would we one day be there when they wed for love,
I really do pray for this someday from the heavens above?

Would we share all of this and more for life?
But through all this, all I ever ask of you,
Is that I have the chance to call you, someday,
My Wife?


Andrew
Poem by Amanda, United Kingdom


Andrew, you are my dream come true,
I never want to be without you.
I don't want us to end,
You truly are my very best friend.
I know sometimes I hurt you with the things I say,
But I never want you to go away.
It's a difficult time for us right now,
But I know we'll make it through somehow.
It took me thirty years to find you, I'll never let you go,
I love you with all my heart and I want the world to know.
I want us to always have a life together,
I want us to be together forever.
I'm sorry for the things that I have done,
I know we are two souls existing as one.
I never felt love like this in the past,
My love for you forever will last.
Your lips are so soft, and your gentle touch,
I love you and honour you so much.
When I walk down the aisle,
I will be wearing the biggest smile.
Just like the words of our favourite songs,
I vow to be with you my whole life long.
I am so looking forward to being your wife,
To be with you for the rest of my life.
Thank you Andrew for being so true,
I can promise you sincerely, I will always love you.


Thank you, Star.
Poem by Joseph Ramos


I remember gazing upon the stars up above,
hoping that God would give me the opportunity
to find my true love.
Time went by slowly
as I searched for you,
but failed to realized
it was soon to come true.

As I looked up one day and saw your pretty face
I was immediately transported to a brand new place.
You filled me with so much joy and happiness in my heart,
From that point forward I could not bear to be apart.

We have grown so much together these last four years,
experiencing happiness as well as a few tears.
No matter what is in store for the life we have ahead,
I promise no matter what to keep and honor what I said.

What I said was that I will love you forever,
and never forget that our bond will withstand any weather.
No matter what we come across big or small,
Nothing will stop us, nothing at all.

On this day God will officially unite us as Husband and Wife,
to live out the promise all the days of our life.
So I thank the star up above for granting all that seems,
That I have found my soulmate, and the girl of my dreams.

No comments: