Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Wedding Poems: Love (40)

When Everything Seems Wrong
Poem by Christy L. DeLano


I try to escape all the sorrow
that this world brings,
But yet the hole just gets
deeper down. You help me find
my peace inside
When everything seems wrong.

Time fades to eternity,
but nothings on the line.
Your love is my only home
When everything seems wrong.

Choices make life difficult,
The day brings no pleasure.
Your love helps me believe
When everything seems wrong.

You have the gift of an angel,
My life depends on you.
You leave me feeling safe
When everything seems wrong.


If Tomorrow Starts Without Me
Poem by Sherry Montgomery Mississippi


If tomorrow starts without me,
And I'm not there to see,
If the sun should rise and find your eyes
All filled with tears for me;
I wish so much you wouldn't cry
The way you did today,
While thinking of the many things
We didn't get to say.
I know how much you love me,
As much as I love you,
And each time that you think of me,
I know you'll miss me too.
But if tomorrow starts without me,
Please try to understand
That an angel came and called my name,
And took me by the hand.
He said my place was ready,
In heaven far above,
And that I'd have to leave behind
All those I dearly love.
But as I turned to walk away,
A tear fell from my eye
For all my life, I'd always thought,
I didn't want to die.
I had so much to live for,
So much left yet to do.
It seemed almost impossible,
That I was leaving you.
I thought of all the yesterdays,
The good ones and the bad,
I thought of all the love we shared,
And all the fun we had.
If I could relive yesterday,
Just even for a while,
I'd say good-bye and kiss you
And maybe see you smile.
But then I fully realized,
That this could never be,
For emptiness and memories,
Would take the place of me.
And when I thought of worldly things,
I might miss come tomorrow,
I thought of you, and when I did,
My heart was filled with sorrow.
But when I walked through heaven's gates,
I felt so much at home.
When God looked down and smiled at me,
From His great golden throne,
He said, "This is eternity,
And all I've promised you."
Today your life on earth is past,
But here life starts anew.
I promise no tomorrow,
But today will always last,
And since each day's the same way
There's no longing for the past.
You have been so faithful,
So trusting and so true.
Though there were times
You did some things
You knew you shouldn't do.
But you have been forgiven
And now at last you're free.
So won't you come and take my hand
And share my life with me?
So if tomorrow starts without me,
Don't think we're far apart.
For every time you think of me,
I'm right here, in your heart.


Love Life
Poem by Kaleem M Aziz


Having grown beyond the experience of my first love,
I have fallen in love with my experience of it, again and again.
Those were the days, I'd love to have again,
Long for in dreams, and while awake.

I was afraid of love, or, often took it lightly,
But when I understood, it had struck me deeply.
I had heard love is strong, and sustains itself,
Yet could not believe when I experienced it myself.

I forget if we met first, or fell in love first,
For all I can remember, I have always loved my first.
The sight of her set my heart throbbing,
I am going to fall in love, was all I was thinking.

Oh, the memories of how I fought back my emotions,
And, oh, how they grew stronger with the fight that I put up.
It was destined that we meet,
And it so happened that we met.

Was it only once that we met,
Or is it in my dreams, that again and again we met?
Oh, how powerful were my desires,
Yet, my words would desert me, when I most desired.

I knew she knew how I felt,
For I thought she felt the same way I felt.
How beautiful were those days when we would meet,
But in saying how we feel, we'd face defeat.

There was no ease in saying it,
And there was a pain in not saying it.
In everything that I did, my thoughts would think of her,
Yet, I'd contemplate "Is this the love that I often hear?".

My evenings would reminisce how fascinating she was,
And I'd cherish everything that had happened between us.
Her walk, her talk, her innoncence and her smile,
I knew I was in love, for everything she was.

The fear of rejection, and the joy of acceptance,
My thoughts would be an anticipation of the aftermaths.
My words were choked for the fear of rejection,
But my body and eyes had conveyed my intentions.

Oh, and how I had finally dared,
In confessing how I had always felt.
No easy moments were those,
But the fact, that I did what I did, makes me proud.

The first rose and first gift,
And how I troubled the florist.
Having rehearsed myself in front of the mirror,
Yet, how lifeless my knees had felt, when it did finally occur.

Those three words were so difficult to utter,
But then I understood how it feels, to say, "I love you".
For every fraction since I uttered, the magic words,
My heart pulsated bigger and harder.

And then for long I waited, to hear those three words,
From the lips of the beautiful one I was in love with.
Every minute was a year, and every day a millenium,
I knew I was in love, one which would have no end.

Was I blind or had I been dumb,
Confused and dazed, I felt myself unknown.
I knew I couldn't live without her,
And I doubted if I could really do what I dreamt I'd do for her.

I promised her the stars and the sky,
And mountains of milk, and the pleasures of a queen.
She'd smile, and make me feel silly,
She'd like to hear my claims, yet would test my love more.

It was the day of my life,
And an unforgettable memory eversince.
It was my first kiss,
And, what pleasure, to see her melt away in my arms.

I shouted to the mountains,
And screamed to the oceans.
That I loved her more than anything else,
That I challenge anyone, to try separate us.

Everytime we met,
We would fondle.
And during separation,
We became fonder.

The love in her face,
Are the pictures of my life.
It wasn't untrue of the wise,
Who said, "A lady is more beautiful when in love".

Where was my strength to churn milk out of the ocean,
To dig diamonds out of the earth?
When I met her father, to seek her hand,
Trembling within, and speaking the irrelevant.

It was a test I had to take,
Convince her parents, for my life to be made.
I gave her my life, and she gave me hers,
Oh, what a wonderful wedding it was.

How wonderful is the world, when in love,
The little flowers, the beautiful butterflies.
To think of a life without love,
Was something I had since then dreaded.

All the places we have been to,
And all the things that we shared.
We had quite a family,
I knew my neighbours envied.

All good things must come to an end,
So also, my lovely wife's time had come.
For years in pain I weeped,
And exclaimed, "Why she, and not me?".

If it wasn't for my promise to her,
I may not have lived it through.
Like a helpless child I wept for her,
Incapable of seeking love, anywhere else.

Her memories, are the pillars of my existance,
My past youth and my love, are what I live by.
I shall never forget all she did,
Nor forget how we loved.

It hurts a little,
To think I lost her.
But I laugh when I dream of her laugh,
And live exactly as she had taught.

I haven't built a Taj Mahal,
To remind the world of our eternal love.
But there's a Taj Mahal everywhere we met,
And the biggest one, in my heart.

My life will end,
When the time comes.
But I will not love her less,
Any moment till I die.

Oh God, let me die,
So I can love her in the heavens.
Oh Lord, it's the last thing I desire,
Keep her happy till I arrive.

No comments: