Saturday, December 8, 2007

Wedding Poems: Love (76)

Love Everlasting
Poem by Gerard Dunphy


Love Everlasting

The fairest of fair
could only see my heart on a string
tied to your spirit and your breathe

I see my days fulfilled
wrestling with life's little problems
spending each moment in your sight

How many times
have I looked into the blindness of love
to come away a broken man

You've come my way
and have spoken to my heart like no other
and my spirit has awakened

I shall be
awash amidst the touch of your hand
and silence shall resound my breathe

In the sight of God
I am indebted for His grace and love
ever content with this historic place

To you
I am hopeless in my devotion
never ceasing, everlasting, love


Baby
Poem by Erika Esparza


you were always there for me
despite we couldn't be
called me on the phone everyday
because you knew I wasn't okay
saw me in tears
and would hold me so very dear
in good times and bad
you would cheer me up when I was sad
no questions asked
you would complete the task
the keeper to my heart and soul
the one to fill my empty hole
knew what was wrong
and never took long
to figure it out
knew what I was about
loved you so much
it was your touch
that brought me to my senses
and broke those everlasting fences
knew how much I cared
and how scared
to lose you
was a bruise dug so deep
I would never heal
until that one day you took that great leap
kneeled.....
and said those words I will never forget
because
then I realized it was really meant to be
and never in my life
I thought my dreams would come true
never again I would be blue
to see those words come out
I couldn't see myself with anyone else
you my one and only
when you said those beautiful words.....
I LOVE YOU


a love that will last
Poem by Jessica W. perry,fl


it was no mistake at all
us falling in love
though times get hard & lonely
our love will always be

we didn't see it coming
when we were so young
that one day we'd be together
and our love would be so strong

then one night it happened
we met up again
you were so sweet & loving
and just held me all night long

that was the perfect way, you know
to break into my heart
though i didn't want to admit it
you had already won me over

every day i'd spend with you
was the best day of my life
i'd never want our dates to end
and definitely not want to go home

then all of a sudden
you go back on the road
and i miss you so much more
than you could ever know

little did i know, though
it would be this way forever
lonely days & lonely nights
that would cause unworthy fights

but our love is strong enough
to let these quarrels pass
without taking them to heart
our love will last & last

for nothing can break a bond
as close as yours and mine
and i promise not to worry
because i know, that our love
will last for all time.

No comments: