Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Wedding Poems: Love (56)

Dreams of a Fair Lady
Poem by Glenda Sites Harrisburg, PA


Fair Lady peers out of her window
into the midst of the dark
Pondering her lover of passion and spark
she thinks of his knighthood so gallant and brave
aching where she once held him
in the midst of her soft clave
she dreams of the times they will soon spend
remantically entwining on their soft woven bed
her heart aches for the chance to peer on his face
to fill his visions with soft scents and lace
so slowly so slowly the time it draws near
her heart it awakens as her visions come true
her dearest beloved has bid her anew.


Don't Go Away...
Poem by Jamie Landon


When she is gone sunlight breaks the stillness of night,
and the day begins without fanfare or the promise of possibility.
Awake, alone, I lay and think of the softness of her smile,
knowing only the emptiness that faces me...

When she is here the distant drone of morning steals away the warm caress of dreams of her.
Anticipation flows as the thought of being near her quickens the pace of the morning.
The first sound of her voice brings my heart to life.

When she is away my thoughts are lost in idle wanderings,
the emptiness in my heart puts me at odds with the slightest task.
Minutes pass like hours when she is not here,
and the longing for her is almost unbearable.

When she is here the day is vibrant with sparks of living energy.
Her presence surrounds me and I feel alive.
A chance meeting brings a smile to my face,
and the glow in her eyes tells me that she can feel me, too.

When she is away the only solace found is in the twilight moments of the evening,
when dreams of her race through my weary mind.
I lose myself again in her warm embrace and am transported to the place where,
in her arms, I am loved.

Please don't go away.


Steff's Eyes Blue
Poem by Jamie Landon


Eyes seen through constant pain,
bring joy back to my heart once again.

Eyes so honest, so innocent, so pure,
a glimpse reminds me what my heart can endure.

When despair holds strong the blessings of dreams,
its through your eyes alone, it seems,
that love removes the chains from me,
I seek your eyes to set me free.

Eyes that trust, that hope, that care,
promising so much to share.

Eyes so beautiful, so caring and true,
I see in your eyes my love... which is you.


A Simple Red Rose (For Steff)
Poem by Jamie Landon


A simple red rose,
so soft to the touch,
is a perfect expression,
of just how much...
I love You.

A simple red rose,
so fragrant and supple,
brushed on you gently,
caresses shared by a couple.

Whether given fresh cut,
or dried pressed with dreams...
a rose should be treasured,
and cherished, it seems.

A simple red rose,
when given away,
is a whispered reminder,
of words I long to say...

I love you.


Prelude to Eternity
Poem by Summer Bailey Louisiana


Every sigh I breathe, every tear I shed;
Every night I sleep, alone in our bed;
Brings you closer to me, to the day you return;
The day you wash away my loneliness, giving me what I yearn;
Kiss my sighs away, wipe the tears from my cheek;
Hold me close to you in the dark, as you listen to me speak;
The memory of your smile, your laugh, carries me through the day;
The honesty in your eyes, when you lean close to me and say;
I love you with all my heart, and the joy burns my soul;
Marking me as yours, your devotion makes me whole;
How you would squeeze me so tight, I could barely take a breath;
Lost in such a blissful moment, nothing scares me, not even death;
And if I perished at that very moment, I would miss nothing else;
Than having the breath taken from me by your passion, and having you all to myself;
The way you would tease me, when I worded a thought wrong;
I would threaten to put you in your place, and you always played along;
You would mock my accent, until I would turn red;
With my amused anger, shocked at all you'd said;
When truly I was floating inside, on a cloud of pure bliss;
Complete and utter satisfaction, happiness I never knew could exist;
Miles separate us, but my heart is tied to you;
You tug on it softly, with everything you do;
And every word you whisper, during our late night sessions;
Pulls on it even more, bringing out my deepest confessions;
My soul weeps for yours, and calls out for its fate;
My spirit is strong and waits for yours, its everlong mate;
I am but a piece of myself, without you here;
Because the rest of me is with you, even though you're no longer near;
I remember the way you look in slumber, so peaceful and full of bliss;
Eyes shut tightly-mouth slightly open, as if begging me for a kiss;
I long to spend hours, gazing upon your face;
To feel you inside me, making my heart race;
Every noise, every bump in the night;
Sends my heart thumping in alarm, pounding with fright;
I pretend you're here with me, and I make it through minute by minute;
The fear of being alone and without you, of my life without you in it;
My mind is occupied with your return, and I take comfort in this thought;
The joy from the love you'll give me, fulfilling every dream I've ever sought;
The pleasure of your presence, in every word you say;
Knowing you will be here with me, every single day;
The ecstasy of eternal existence with you, and to never experience regret or sorrows;
Over the love that we share between us, for a lifetime of tomorrows.

No comments: