Saturday, December 8, 2007

Wedding Poems: Romance (21)

Sweet Love
Poem by Arthur Parkison


Dearest Sweetheart let me say,
Next to my Savior, you are the best thing to come my way,
You shared your love with a lonely man,
When you accepted my wedding band,
I am truely sorry for the things in the past,
That almost caused our marriage not to last,
But with God's grace and your sweet love,
Our marriage is now blessed from God above,
You gave me Three daughters and eight grandkids,
too,
Oh, my Darling, how I love you,
As we grow into our golden years,
My heart continues to swell and my eyes fill with tears,
I don't see how I could love you any more, but let me say,
My love surprises me, as it grows deeper day by day,
As we grow older and the years pass by,
Remember, my Darling, my love for you will never die.


Last Love
Poem by Stephanie


To see thee there
so far away,
wonder why
we can't stay.
Our love is sure
Our souls in touch,
I will always remember
our first in such.
The day I grew Happiness,
the first day we met,
are so much the same
thats the date we kept.
our love is tender
for which we know not.
We will always grow together
whether we want to or not.
Our life will begin
not far from now
thats the day,
we will both exchange vows.
From that day on
we will build our life
as we unite together
as Husband and Wife.


Bond-License
Poem by LaSharndra Clark Westchester, Illinois


?Bond-License?

When we leave this fallen world someday.
Didn?t we hang on each other?s coattail all the way?
When we argue fuss and shout.
Wasn?t it the best of us screaming to get out?
Our marriage is an institute of higher education,
the close union, the duet for two voices, the dedication.

Our romantic story is the best cure for heartburn.
An equal partnership with double duties and still we learn.
We hold a mortgage, a duet decree on our matrimony.
There will be no hangover from the intoxication of acrimony.
We have a rule, where both players win and both lose.
We ignite a field of battle where no ones a single fool.

We are a legal union living together for the advantage of two.
An institution, that gives a man and woman the rights to woo.
This isn?t the lottery, where you tear your ticket up if you lose.
This is on-the-job-close-union training where experience is a tool.
Our voyage of the sea of matrimony is where we strive to be,
where all the crewmembers of this ship breathe equality.

We have a spouse trap where no one else gets in & no one gets out.
We become our own fight promoter and build our own clout.
When our bond-license becomes material to stress or strain.
We refocus ourselves in the direction of the duet-for-two?s aim.
We have a life sentence to each other.
Design and built to keep out another.

Communication, trust, listening and understanding,
Is what we give to each other without being demanding.
Encouragement, respect and a you-can-do-it attitude,
is what we give to the one whose not in the mood.
We have more than a document put down in black & white.
We have inscribed in small print: Fighters for life.

We have a membership in the marriage hall of fame.
Where there is a committee of two whose heart is the same.
Our path of union is laid for our kids to be.
In hopes that this beautiful custom they?ll see.
They?ll understand the use of the bond license decree,
That provides an institution of a strong family tree.

Our matrimonial partnership will only end in death.
But our two-union dynasty will have provided much wealth.
As we journey through that narrow path together.
Whatever, the matrimonial climate we?ll weather forever.
Our grave lay next to each other by that blossomed flower.
We?re still holding hands under the bond license power.

No comments: