Saturday, December 8, 2007

Wedding Poems: Love (75)

I am but one man
Poem by Andy Tuck UK


I am but one man
To Father and Son,
Mother and Brother.
All that I call family.

Then there is you?

You entered my life
You are my morning and night.
You see my dark side and light.
Yet you love me.

Then there are two?

Our lives have entwined
More deeply than I ever thought.
For once, I am whole,
For once I seek naught.
And you love me.

Now there is ?We??

Plans made for the future.
A life together I promise.
I live for each moment
Together anew.
And I love you.


Our Wedding Star
Poem by Melissa Read Central Coast, Australia


For you my darling husband
on our wedding day,
A special gift I give to you
that will shine on us for all our days,

My gift to you is not the world
but is truly from the heart,
for this special gift to you
is in the form of a star,

May this star of ours forever keeps us true
and if we have any doubt,
may its light guide us through,

This star has a special name
"our loves guiding light",
and is registered with the fame
on September 28th, as it's birthright,

for you my darling husband
I hand to you the chart,
and if ever you have a heavy heart,
look above...and see we will never part.


You
Poem by Brit Beaty


From the first time I met you,
I knew you were the one.
Smart, athletic, beautiful, and lots of fun.
I was afraid to tell you though,
not knowing if you felt the same way.
Wanting to hold you at night,
and dreaming of you during the day.
I have never felt like this before,
never loved someone as much as you.
Everyday I wanted to say so many things,
but everytime I though about it,
I'd get scared that I would be alone in the end.
Then one day you walked up to me,
pulled me aside, and told me how you felt.
Every word you spoke just made my heart melt.
I hope you know how much I care for you
because now I don't have to worry....
You've made all my dreams come true.



Love Is
Poem by Julia Gregson


LOVE IS everyones mind , heart, and soul,
lOVE IS something that will never grow old,
LOVE IS something that can never be sold,
Like diamonds, pearls, or even gold.
LOVE IS a word that should always be told,
To your mother, father, sister, or brother,
LOVE IS a word when you can't find no other .
LOVE IS a word you should say to a lover,
Just to show how much you love her.
LOVE IS happyness, pain, and tears,
LOVE IS something you can wait for years.
LOVE IS something much more then a word,
LOVE IS a way of life without living war.
But yet, LOVE IS bigger then a life itself,
LOVE IS a power that makes total strangers into best friends,
Love goes strongly past the end...
Make up your mind and leave the hate behind,
And you will see that love is blind,
And it's difficult to find.


My Love For You
Poem by Denise Suffolk, England - UK


Many days have passed
And I am still thinking of you,
I really hope this love we have lasts
And I hope you do too.

You are the one I've searched for
And it was you that I did find
It was your love that touched my core
And now our love is together is entwined.

So many loving memories we share
And I never want that to end
Because you're for me to love and to care
And always know that on me you can depend

Inside my heart is full of love
And it makes me smile with glee
Before I sleep I thank God above
For sending you to me

No comments: