Saturday, December 8, 2007

Wedding Poems: Vows and Ceremonies (1)

A Wedding Promise
Poem by Gail Miller


As a child, I had a dream,
of this shinning knight,
who would take all the wrong,
and somehow make it right.

One day, I began a journey,
as I had waited my entire life,
to make someone very happy,
and become their loving wife.

I have been very selective,
a bit picky, and choosy too.
Little could I have known,
that someone would be you.

In the past I was not fair to you,
but I had to put you to the test,
In my heart, I had to know,
you wouldn't be like all the rest.

So, I stand beside you today,
to offer you my hand and heart,
to begin a future together,
knowing this is just the start.

I will be your very best friend,
to listen patiently and lend an ear,
I will be your rock of strength,
and hold you close when you are near.

I stand by your side, now and forever,
to be so much more than a loving wife,
I not only give you all my todays,
but give myself for the rest of my life.

I give to you this promise:
to always be faithful and true,
to be there in sickness and health,
and to let you know - I always love you.


My Life With You
Poem by Kristin Warren Colorado Springs


All my life I have waited for a man just as you.
Someone who is respectful, compassionate, loving, honest and true.
I had been hurt so many times before and never thought I would find love like this.
But I'd go through it all again to find the true love with you that exists.

And today I want to make you a promise, the kind that lasts forever.
This vow I make to you has been my life long endeavour.
I stand here before you and wish to be your wife.
For I will always love you and give to you my life.

You are my best friend, the one I can always talk to.
You have always been there for me and I can always count on you.
I trust you with my life and know you would die for me.
I honor and respect you for you have made me who I want to be.

You can always make me laugh no matter the mood I'm in.
You attracted me at first with your looks, but now I know your true beauty is within.
I've cried so many tears longing for your touch
And knowing that you'll always give me a shoulder to cry on means so much.

I'm always going to be with you through good times and bad.
I promise to tell you everything that bothers me and never go to bed mad.
For my eternity with you I will spend completely in faithfulness.
Your love is the best thing I could possible possess.
Now we will be connected together as one always.
And with you I will spend the rest of my days.

No comments: