Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Wedding Poems: Love (29)

Sleeping
Poem by KATY SULLIVAN New Haven, CT


The day is done
As we sink into bed-
One last kiss is shared
A crisp white sheet lies gently upon us
And the night is share only between us
He holds me close every night
And I pull him closer with each breath
I love him like no other
And he loves me more each waking day


"The Woman I've Searched For"
Poem by Frank Maglin


This is the third poem I've written to my fiance within the past week. It only goes to show what being 6000 miles apart can do to a person so deeply in love.

" The woman I've Searched For"

Take your hand,
And place it in mine.

As we enter a union,
That God will bind.

He sent you my way,
So that I would find,

My soulmate for life,
My lover so fine.

You're the woman I've searched for,
All of my life.

It was now time to ask you,
If you'd be my wife.

My partner for life,
Through good times and bad

Through all life's adventures
Both joyus and sad.

Oh Tanja, my darling,
I pledge to you this.

I can't live one day,
Without your sweet kiss.

I also can't live,
without your tender touch.

It is something I've come to
rely on so much.

Oh,Tanja, I've loved you right from the start,
And I'll love you forever, with all of my heart.


Our Meeting
Poem by Aimee Moore Atlanta, Georgia


As years have passed and life has been moving on,
The comfort of solace has yet to begun.

Fighting the feelings, running away, they have never entered for once.
It was God saying go - this is your day.

A day of triumph, a day to rejoice.
My soulmate sitting before me.
My white knight but without a horse.

His green eyes looked through me - his smile, what a beautiful sight,
The fluttering in my stomach, he seemed so familiar the surest I had ever been,
I knew it was right.

Time has continued, a blur of romance,
through all of the getting to knowings,
I've found my best friend, lover and soulmate,
I never even had a chance.

Did I know you before?
Did you know me?
You have enriched and completed my life,
It's for the better you see.

The laughter and tears,
Even the space between,
Brings my love and passion to you,
In it's purest for yours only to be seen.

Each moment spent with you builds memories that will never fade,
This is only the beginning,
Your my inspiration, "our story", it's how dreams are made.

I love you Michael.


You Opened A Door For Me...
Poem by Sheilah Waller


When not expecting the acquaintance,I found my best friend,
You opened a door for me,
We sat down and talked,
You made me laugh and then the gaze became
Embracing,
A gaze I would long to embrace the rest of my life,
No I did not know what lied on the other side of this door;
You were always the gentle friend.
The gentle man with a soft voice..
I listened to you and I became to know that this was the voice of my soul,
You were him,
You were the beginning of my life,
All that I did prior does not matter,
For when you took me into your arms and shut the door,
All else did not matter,
For I knew in you I had not only found a true friend,
But the love of my life.
Because of this I find the greatest happiness only with you...
I will hold the door open for our future ,
Come what may,
I will remain in love with you....

No comments: