Saturday, December 8, 2007

Wedding Poems: Romance (20)

It was you
Poem by Barbara Hartman Canada


When was it that I knew?
That first glance my way..
That I'd be with you.
That first kiss that stole away
My breath, my heart
And now today...
I stand beside you
forevermore
to love, laugh and adore
Beyond time and this embrace
With love and eternal grace
I'll take your love and your hand
without question or demand
I pledge my heart
till there is no time
I am yours and you are mine


I will, I can, I do
Poem by Stacie


I will- I can- I want-

I will marry you in front of the world in front of no one at all,
I will love you in our bedroom the living room or hall
I will live with you anywhere, a mansion or a shack
I will go anywhere with to the ends of the world and back
I can stay awake and talk to you forever and a day
I can spend my life by your side and never go away
I can look into your eyes and see my future there
I can offer you my soul, with out worry or despair
I can tell you that I have always loved you,
I can tell you that I love you now more than words could ever express
I want you to be my husband you are the very best
I want to hold your hand forever and feel your caress
I want these things forever, eternally, with out end
I want to be your wife your lover and your friend.
I DO Love you always


If ever
Poem by Tiffany Davis


If there is ever a special person I'd have to say it's you
If ever there is a great love I'd have to say it's true
if there are any faults about I'd have to say it's very few
and forever I will be your wife, so I'd have to say I do


Answered Prayers
Poem by Danielle ( Terrebonne) Louisiana


I'm lying here awake and I just can't sleep tonight...
My mind and heart is racing, I found you..."Mr. Right".
My prayers were answered and my dream had finally come true...
All on the night when I first spoke to you.
I had been waiting for an eternity for the chance we'd meet...
This amazing individual to finally make my heart complete.
I thought my chance had come, and I just missed it...
My happily ever after just never really existed.
Then one look into your soulful eyes and a slight touch from your hand...
I knew god above sent you to be my man.
Someone had a hand in it before we even knew...
It was purely fate, me meeting you.
With you I feel safe and have no reasons to hide...
You have unlocked a part of me I've kept buried inside.
They say that " home is where the heart is" and I know this to be true...
For I have never felt more at home since I gave my heart to you.
You have brought so much emotion and love into my heart and soul...
With you I find contentment at the thought of growing old.
You are today and will forever be in my life...
My loving husband, and I your devoted wife.


Love Through the Eyes of a White Dove
Poem by Crystal


Caged up we hear them sing
We all know joy is what they bring
The bride in lace, the groom in tails
The preacher at the alter saying "Hail Grace"
All the family gathered round
to hear the precious sound
The Bride says her vow with a tear in her eye
The groom can't wait to watch sunrise with his new wife by his side
The Preist with Bible in hand says,
"you've tried and tried,
look where you are
life can sometimes seem bizarre
Our thoughts and prayers are with you
So please bid adieu
To everyone who knew
You would make it here together."
"Give your vows and say "I do"
The ring represents the circle of love
and the love that never ends
Love is only a gift that God sends
The priest confirms the final vows and pronounces
HUSBAND AND WIFE
The church bells ring
And let the doves fly
Never ask why
The white doves sing
Doves represents love
and joy is what they bring

No comments: