Saturday, December 8, 2007

Wedding Poems: Romance (22)

All For you
Poem by Amy King


I wrote this as a song for my soon-to be husband. It can also be used as a poem.


Here we stand a man and woman
Facing Life together
And we'll share all life has to give
With each other forever

I will be all I can be
I'll give my best to you
And through all eternity
My love stands strong and true.

We will lift each other up
As we journey along
And our steps will never falter
Because together we are strong.

With God as my witness
And you by my side
I'll pledge my heart to you
And I'll become your bride.

Here I am all yours
Come whatever may
And as one together
We'll face each new day.

So here we go together
With God as our guide.
As long as your in my life,
The future's lookin' bright.

Someday long from now,
When we are old and grey.
We'll sit out on the backporch
And reminisce about the day

When we gazed into each
Each other's eyes
And both said 'I do'
I promise now and I'll promise again.
I will always, and forever
Love you.


I Choose To Remember
Poem by Kagwiria Kimathi Nairobi, Kenya


Of the millions of moments in my life,
I choose to remember selected few,
Most recently of which are about you.

I choose to remember our first meeting,
Nothing extraordinary but a friendly chat,
I never even knew you wanted more than that.

I choose to remember our first date,
I waited patiently for hours for you,
Not knowing that God had a plan us two.

I choose to remember my engagement,
It was all but an innocent birthday party,
Only for you to go on one knee with all your hearty.

I choose to remember the look on your face,
The shudder in your voice as you asked,
I knew I never want this moment passed.

Now I choose to remember this day,
For in Gods eyes you are mine and i yours,
This moment will be forever years.


promise forever and for always
Poem by Trisha Schmidt Canistota Sd


I promise to stay with you,
through life?s ups and downs.
I promise to hug you,
when you are sad.
I promise you wipe away your tears,
when the world lets you down.
I promise to hold you
even when you let go.

I promise to be yours forever,
if you?ll be mine for always.
I promise to love you forever,
if you?ll love me for always.

I promise to be yours,
and yours alone.
I promise to be your foundation
the foundation of love and happiness.
I promise to love you,
more and more each day.
I promise that you will be my one and only
the only love of my life!
I promise to say the vows
with love and honor to the only one for me!


Consecrated Love
Poem by Rachel E. Guzman


What if we could stay this way forever
keeping our holy vows alive each day
no learning the forsaking life of clever
like the ones who let their love just fade away
what if I could stay with you
hold your hand and pray with you
welcome each new day with you
do you think that we could live this way forever
till the clock runs out for one of you or me
can you see us on our front porch swing when were older
still living off a love thats meant to be

No comments: