Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Wedding Poems: Love (58)

This Love
Poem by Nicole George


It was a hot day in July
I spent most of my nights in a cry
Upon returning home
Feeling broken and alone
As any normal day
I get on the net to see what my friends had to say
Knowing there wasn't anything exciting or new
But then I opened an email from you
There it stood, the words that wrote to me,
I don't know why, but there was more that I wanted to see
Crazy... I thought I had gone crazy
My heart that had already grown lazy
I wrote back to you
Just asking what you were up to
Then in November
You gave me a memory to always remember
Watching you drive away
On that night there were so many words that I wanted to say
I wanted those two days to last
And I thought that night it was my last chance
But back again
In December I had my friend
Late nights... sharing our thoughts of time
And all the things that went through our mind
Would I ever get the chance to love you
To share in all the things that couples do
Would you return to me one day
Would I ever get the words out that I wanted to say
It didn't take me long
To figure out to whom my heart belonged
I loved you so
I wanted you to know
As you walked out my door
I felt my heart hit hard upon the floor
The thoughts that carried me away
And once again, the words that I just couldn't say
I guess you heard them through the miles apart
We had a connection from the heart
It didn't take you.... but a day
And the words that I wanted to say
Well I never had to pull them out
And you knew exactly what I was talking about
Now here I am
With a wonderful man
I have no doubt that I love you
Or that you love me too
I wonder if we have the strength to see it to the end
I wonder in two years or more, if I will still be your best friend
Sharing nights together
And talking about forever
I know I love you, and that is enough to stay beside you
That is all I need to do
Be there when you need for me
And help you feel complete
As long as I continue
To love you
Then I know
That is love has no better place to go


Arbored Heart
Poem by Tammy R Craddock


I see myself as a wandering vine,
No direction of where I should go.
You are the trellis,my sole support,
And,without you,I can not grow.

Help me climb my way to the top
For a moment in the sun.
Hold me as I rest a bit,
While letting my branches run.

All that I am is now part of you,
As the day draws near an end.
When night falls,I dream in sweet slumber,
With comfort of a lifetime friend.

And so,my love,I cling to you
For all that my life is worth.
Together,we are a masterpiece
On this canvas made of earth.


I Love You
Poem by Dawn Rollo


I Love You
For...
Giving me hope,
Encouraging me to be strong,
Carrying me when I'm not.
For...
Making me laugh,
Believing I am beautiful,
Insisting that I believe it too.
For...
Singing me love songs,
dancing to my rhythm,
listening to my ideas.
For...
Accepting my faults,
Forcing me to face my fears,
Catching me if I fall.
For...
Daring to dream,
Sharing your dreams,
Making our dreams come true.


Just What Made Me Love You
Poem by Tracey French


The things that made me Love you were little at first...like that little dimple that appeared with each show of a sly smile, your caring words and kind ways the gentle love you had for another before you loved me, you had a secret understanding for me that would be more then I could ever begin to realize with time you won the very inner core of me. As time continued the things that made me love you become even more then before...like when you said "I Do", every time you said "I love you" and when you said "yes, I'd like one more" but gave me two just because that's what made me complete, I love the spirit you gave in me, and the life you brought to us. these are the things that made me love you it is the love and the compassion I have found in you.

No comments: