Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Wedding Poems: Love (55)

An Angel Without Wings
Poem by Elizabeth Ann Burkett Knoxville, TN


You must be an angel without wings
To put up with all of my bothersome things
My anger, my love, my sometimes weary heart
What others hated about me you love those parts
I look at you and see a creation so divine
To think you have captured this heart of mine
How could I not love you with all that I am
You are the steady I need for my trembling hand
So honest, true and caring you are
My night in shining armour or my shooting star
You simply must be an angel without wings


My Sweet Valentine
Poem by Ghuh Turks and caicos islands


The Stars can never shine as bright as
Your eyes
Nor the sun compare to the radiance
Of your smile

Lips so soft and sweet, O I long to
Eat
That?s My Sweet Valentine

Hips that move in time with eternity
A touch that makes me defy
Gravity
That?s My Sweet Valentine

Smart, attractive, radiant just
Simply my ANGEL
My Valentine

She picks me up, puts me down
She keeps me spinning
Around
Makes me laugh, makes me cry
That?s My Sweet Valentine

The story?s told to this day
I wish I knew how it will
Play
For still, this I know my heart
Will never let go
My Love,
My Sweet Valentine


Waiting...
Poem by Shelly Kipper Lancaster, Wisconsin


I sit here thinkin' 'bout you,
day in and day out.

My love for you grows...
stronger day by day.

Yet you are gone..
many miles away.

I sill think of you....
as is you were near.

I wish you were here...
but you are doing time...

Some day we will be...
together again.

Hand in hand...
side by side.

but until that day comes...
i will be here.

waiting patiently...
for you to be mine once more..


Miles...
Poem by Shelly Kipper Lancaster, Wisconsin


Seperated by many miles...
Connected by letters...
All we have is memories...
but someday we will be a couple again...

Hurt, anger, and distrust...
is what split us up...
why did we let it go to our heads...
that we were both cheaters...

Friends tolds us lies...
we believe them...
never actually sitting down to talk about it...
just trusting the words... which later became lies

How could we listen to what others say?
wasn't our love strong enough?
why did we do stupid stuff to harm one another?
why do we try to deny out love for each other?

If I truly knew the answers I would tell you,,,
but obviously don't care...
Now that I have you back...that is all taht I care 'bout....
and I will never do you wrong...


These are only letters
Poem by Sunshine Jackson


The smell of the ocean,
The look on your face,
I could tell when our eyes met,
There was a warm embrase.

I lay in your bed,
Trying to sleep,
Wishing you'd come hold me,
Hold me the way you said.

There was a time before I said,
This would never happen again,
Look at what you've done,
I did it again.

There is a warming in my blood,
My heart, my mind,
I'm just sitting there,
Spinning as my heart is starting to drown.

Not knowing,
What to do about all this,
My mind,
Is running in circles.

Now here I am because I envy you,
And can't tell you how I feel,
I know I said I wasn't shy,
This it one that I surely am.

I just keep thinking,
Of the way you touched me, held me,
Our lips met and we could never say good-bye,
I could feel it in our eyes,
That there is so much love.

The magic in the room was the best time ever,
It was like a dream,
That I was having,
Like I wasnt even there,
But I could see the forever.

And now that I have you,
There will be no end,
All that we have together,
Is all just about to begin.

The true story of how Troy and i met, and the feelings between us!

No comments: