Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Wedding Poems: Love (36)

A New Beginning
Poem by Michael Flood


Relationships always start out good
And you do all that you should
You say "I love you" at every chance
and realize a new beauty at every glance
You treat her like a queen to the utmost
Like she's your personal heavenly host
When you see her, you open up your heart
And still you can't stand to be two feet apart
Every kiss is like a new beginning
The love seemingly has no ending
When you argue you tell her she's right
Just because you don't want to fight
With every new day and mature stride
You continuously relinquish your pride
It never dawning that there would come a day
That your heart would be jolted into dismay
That when the person you love, and would give your life,
Would return the favor with overwhelming strife
The one whom you dedicated your all
Showed no remorse at all
Your faithfulness was totally taken for granted
And the partnership would be permanently tainted
Now you must do the hardest thing you'll ever have to
Say goodbye to one to whom you loved true
So, now you're alone and back at square one
In seclusion you ponder what was that you?d done
Was it the constant I love you at every chance
Or the newfound beauty at every glance
Without a clue, you can't grasp the reason with your hand
What drove her into the arms of another man
So, you cherish this as a lesson well taught
Through all the heartache it brought
So, the true lesson is that love is a crazy game
That is often filled with pain
Even though it may be hurt filled
You must always rebuild
Because if you continue to keep your head down
Your true love may never be found
This is a true life story I just told
Even though I may not be that old
Its a recollection of my first true love
Whom I felt was sent from above
A relationship that I thought wouldn't ever end
Till she dumped me for my best friend
Trials and tribulation, we all go through
But the overall outcome is always up to you
And when you decide to truly get over it
You should develop a love that is so deep, someone can fall in it


My Dream.
Poem by Essie Texas


One night I had a dream,
I dreamt that I would find someone
that could truly make me happy

I dreamt that he would be like no other,
to my hopes I might discover
I dreamt that he would be handsome and tall,
I dreamt that he would not have
just a few appealing qualities,
he would possess them all!

I dreamt he would have eyes that could make my body melt,And that his soft kisses
could make me feel like I have never felt

I dreamt that his smile could light up my whole day,that his simple touch could take my breath away!

I dreamt that the feeling of him holding me
tight could send tears to my eyes...
Something again I have not felt with any other guys

I dreamt that he could touch me just the right way
That he would do anything for me without a delay
I dreamt that he would be generous and never unkind,
I dreamt that he was perfect and wanted him to be mine!
I dreamt he would be my first true love
So I hoped and wished and prayed...
And soon the angels heard me and carried him my way

One day something happened like nothing of the rest,
This dream I had came true
How did you guess?
There he stood perfect in my eyes
Soon I realized,
He was my dream guy!
He took my breath away,
Made my heart skip a beat
I knew right then and there...
I am for him and he is for me!
Now every night before I sleep I thank the angels above
They granted me my wish, they sent me my one true love


A Perfect Match
Poem by Craig Stevenson El Paso, Texas


All my life I've pictured this day,
The day of a new beginning
with the one special girl
whom which I would cherish forever.

I pictured her eyes,
her smile,
her forever stunning beauty
and her tender loving touch.
Then told myself this would be my dream girl
whom forever I would love so much.

Someone to shine their light upon my everyday
giving that warm feeling noone could ever take away.
Not even on my coldest, darkest day.

Someone whom I could always talk to
and tell her what's on my mind
Even if there was nothing that she could do.
I know that she would still stand by my side.

Destiny brought me to a perfect match
and here she stands before me.
You accepted my love without a catch
and Forever our love I'll envy.

Something told me from the start
from the moment I looked into your eyes
you held the key to unlock my heart.

Now forever my heart is open for you
and I vow there is nothing that I won't do
and forever I will be
and bare the truest of love inside me.

I thank God far all he's blessed me.
The Lord set you as my Destiny.
Michelle you're my other half
MY PERFECT MATCH
and Forever and all eternity
shall our hearts remain attached.

No comments: