Saturday, December 8, 2007

Wedding Poems: Romance (23)

on our wedding day
Poem by Tanya Hager


Marriage is a gift of love
that everyone should have
The gift of love from god above
marriage is what we have

My love for you
grows each day
Never less
it seems

My love for you
is something old
something new
something not barrowed
And something very far from blue

Its been 8 years
8 years of love
8 years of me and you
8 years of tears
8 years of family
8 years I've never stopped loving you

So on the day
we say our voles
I'll be ready for you it seems
Because I love you for just being you
And for you just loving me


Only You
Poem by Pamela Campbell Scotland


This day has finally arrived, our wedding day at last,
We've dreamed about this day and it's going just so fast,
But I've never felt so happy, you are the person just for me,
I'ts you I'll love forever, in my heart you'll always be.

For with you I pledge eternity, for with you I'll spend my life,
For today and for always, we will be husband and wife,
I'll let nothing come betwee us, my promise is so true,
And I'll spend forever being so in love with only you.

From the first time that I saw you, I knew you were the one,
From the first time I kissed you, my new life had begun,
From the first time I touched you, it was just plain to see,
Fate had brought us together, destined to last eternally.

And when this day is over, and our wedding day has past,
Our love will stay here with us, forever it will last,
Your my heart, your my soul, you are everthing to me,
The day we got together Cupid must have laughted with glee.

But today we made our vows and those vows they were for life,
For today we made a commitement and became man and wife,
For today is just the beginning, of a time that's just so new,
For today and all tomorrowsI promise to love no one but you!


The Rest of Our Lives
Poem by JR


The first time I saw you I had not one chance,
you didn't give a second glance.
I saw the ring upon your finger,
But the thought of you just seemed to linger.
Nothing matters but you and I,
sometimes I wondered if you thought of me too, and why?

The first time you called I was really surprised,
but it really made me open my eyes.
The way you talked, the way you smelt,
I started to figure out just how you felt.

Now we have been together for quite awhile,
I look forward to seeing your everyday smile.
The future nights when the nights turn down low,
I look forward to knowing i won't have to go.
In the close future it will be you and me,
and lets not forget the smaller three!

To share our love and have a family,
to have the experience of our baby's delivery.

I'll take care of you, love you, and stay by your side, i'll love you forever and always,
for the rest of our lives!!!

I LOVE YOU JEN AND I WILL EVER GIVE UP!


A Love Worth Waiting For
Poemy Lindy Yeary


I wished upon a star one night
Shining brightly above me
I wished upon a four-leaf clover
Growing underneath a tree
Each year in June I wished upon a candle glowing bright
I wished upon each shooting star that passed me in the night
I blew away a fallen lash
I whispered in a prayer
That God would send my true love home
For me to love and care
With eyes the color of the sea
And a smile ear to ear
He?d hold me in his arms
And defend from all I fear
A knight in shining armor is the man he?d try to be
And every evening after work he?d come home to be with me
I wished for someone to grow old with and walk with hand in hand
And today my dreams come true, I can call him my husband.

No comments: