Saturday, December 8, 2007

Wedding Poems: Romance (13)

Sweet Farewell
Poem by Unknown Husband


Before this judge we bid farewell,
And start our lives anew.
Yet still upon the past I dwell,
And fondly think of you.

For you have been my wife and friend,
The one whose love I thought would last,
But I find the tree of life does bend,
To winds that blow away the past.

Your beauty, softness and your charm,
I have treasured dearly,
Yet as I held you in my arms,
I didn?t see things clearly.

Now I?ve lost my true companion,
Gone is your love for me,
And as I walk this lonely canyon,
It pains to set you free.

So as we turn a little older,
And days turn into years,
Even as our love grows colder,
I will never lose these tears.

Forever you will surely be,
Even as we are apart,
As deep as is the deepest sea,
Loved right here in my heart.

You know, poems, I?ve not written,
But these two, in all my life,
Clearly, I?ve been smitten,
By the one who was my wife.

For thirty and two years,
We have always worked things out,
But as the end is near,
Who am I to doubt?

So it is with love-drenched sorrow,
Raised from my heart?s deep well,
With no poems past tomorrow,
That I bid you, Sweet Farewell?!


Our Love
Poem by Nikki Weaver Louisiana


Our love started as just a game, one of fun.
Then before we knew it, our hearts begin to beat as one.
We realized that God had answered a prayer,
For in a few days we knew that the other one cared.
So, Today, as we take our vows, our love grows.
With no promise of tomorrow, we agree to always let our love show.
Not just to each other but to our family and friends
Thanks to all of you for coming and celebrating
our love, that will never end.


We Made it!
Poem by Krista Norman


Finally, we've made it.
I can't believe this day has come.
I've dreamed of this day all my life
and I can't believe it's just begun.
We've gone through so much together.
You have been my best friend for so long.
Through all the trials and disappointments are
love has held strong.
Can you believe everything we've been through?
The laughter and the tears.
I wouldn't have traded it for anything in a million years.
For some reason God has blessed me with a perfect man like you.
I know you don't believe me, but I prayed all my life for someone like you.
Someone to see me for who I really am and chose to love me anyway.
Someone who would be honest and strong and correct me if he felt I was ever wrong.
Someone to wipe my tears and who felt comfortable to cry sometimes.
Someone who'd let me kiss their tears away even when they thought I'd run.
I can't believe we finally made it.
Todays is my perfect day.
The dream I have had since I met you when I was a child has finally became a reality and you and I will be together for always.
I love you more than you will ever know and I thank you for giving me a chance. We finally made it baby. I promise you forever. The best days of my life have just begun.

No comments: