Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Wedding Poems: Love (53)

While You Are Sleeping
Poem by bonnie carnahan


While you are sleeping tonight, know that I will be there by your side with you in your dreams.

I find myself thinking about you more with each passing day.

Everytime we talked you make me smile and everytime you have to go I find myself missing you ever so.

And when I see your name appear a smile appears on my face every time without a doubt.

I enjoy our silly chats and how you make me giggle so.

But most of all I love your honesty and that your not afraid to let it show.

All I can offer you for now is my time and our special chats and how much I adore you so.

I want you to know that giving your time just for me has made me feel so special and for that I thank you for being you.

I feel we have so much in common and yet still strangers.

I want to learn everything about you and let you know me better too.

And even if nothing more comes of this, I know I have a friend in you.

This I will always treasure and I hope you will do the same too.

Could it be I am falling in love with you.... time will tell that I can promise you.


Lost In You
Poem by Bonnie Carnahan


I cannot shake this feeling deep within my soul.
The mere thought of you brings shivers down my spine.
I could only imagine the taste of your lips upon mine.
The subtle look of your baby blue eyes looking deep into mine.
The way you look at me as if you see right through me.
Seeing all that I have inside and more.
Piercing me in a way that I could lose all control.
Your touch so gentle and so pure.
I can feel you breathing softly upon my neck.
Lips of sweet wine, gentle and so soft.
I can only imagine what it would to like
to lay next to you each night while
making sweet love to you.
I know what I want and that is
to be lost in your strong loving arms.


Basket full of lovin'
Poem by Arynne Rogers Las Vegas, Nevada


This poem is to accompany a gift basket for the bride, preferrably including all the items mentioned(this gift & poem has brought many, many laughs and blushing brides!):

For The Bride to be,
Here are a few things
that you might enjoy?
Just some things for you & your boy!
First off- a little negligee
for you to wear-
To be sexy & fun with your man if you dare!
There is also some chocolate syrup
for ultimate flavor-
Followed by whipped cream
for you to savor.
Now you need some maraschino cherries-
To start brand new.
And finally- extra little nuts-
Even though, you now have two!!


Forever in not enough
Poem by Stephanie


I waited...for so long. It seemed like forever.
As I wondered, I thought you wouldn't appear.
Days passed, lifetimes passed, and I passed alone.
Then, with sweet, quiet fanfare heard only by me,
Destiny brought me a gift long awaited.
My heart was allowed to blend as it had yearned to.
My soul could open, and my mind could dream.
As the love that I yearned for
Swept into my life.
As I pledge you my faith, my love, my trust and my friendship,
Know I do it forever, wishing there was time more than that.
For every day is still not enough days
For me to celebrate my love for you.


Fallen Tears
Poem by Bonnie Carnahan


As you lay here in your
sorrows and your tears,
know that you are thought
of and cared about by
good friends and family.

You've cried so much recently
and when you thought you cried
your last tear, one more appears.

Everything you see, smell or touch
reminds you of what use to be
and yet another tear appears.

You lay there thinking about all
the happy times and all the plans
you were going to share with him.

Finding yourself drifting into another
place and time, but the heart ache is
still there stabbing you in the heart
like a dagger.

It aches ever so, even though
there is nothing there left inside
of you but emptiness and only
saddened memories now to keep
you company.

Remembering when a hug or a kiss
were just arms reach away and now
only a fading memory in your mind.

Knowing how soft the touch was
and how his lips felt so sweet
upon yours.

Feeling cold inside and out
but nothing can warm that feeling
of hurt, mistrust or doubt.

Talking to a friend helps
somewhat but even the hug
or shoulder they give cannot
compare to the one you once
had and now is gone.

Losing sleep at night and
finding yourself without almost
no appetite, so you sit up late
drinking coffee and wondering
what went wrong and what can
I do to make things right again.

He says he still loves you, but you
know deep in your heart that
the love that was once there is
now faded and gone like a
shadow that disappeared
into the dark.

Finding yourself dwelling on
every little thing and wishing
that you could just sleep until
the hurt went away.

You then hear a voice so
wise and so true coming
ever so clear to you.

Now you know there are only
two things left to make these
awful feelings subside in you
and go away.

Time is for healing the mind,
body and soul and until you
cried your very last tear, only then
you will know that all of that
hateful feeling of lost love has once
again disappeared.

Time has no beginning, no middle
or no end and you must choose your
time wisely and learn and nurture from
your wounded past no matter what
the out come is or what the
future holds for you.

The heart is much stronger than
we all realize and mends quickly
but the mind is a tricky thing.

Your heart is mending but your
mind will take at little more time
due to the complicity.

Love will only come again when you
are ready and are able to accept
it with open loving arms.

But in the mean time, cry my friend
until the tears are gone and his
face becomes only a vision of
the past.

Only then will you be able to
accept love in your heart and
regain that trust of giving it
to that special man.

No comments: