Saturday, December 8, 2007

Wedding Poems: Romance (12)

I Promise
Poem by Kathie Rector


I will love you more than words can say;
More than feelings can show.
More than any songs can sing;
And more than all kisses can bestow.

I will love you longer than the seasons will change;
Longer than the stars shine their lights.
Longer than the moon keeps changing size;
And longer than the days keep flowing into nights.

I will love you more than any poem can express;
More than the sky is high.
More than wishes can wish;
And more than tears can cry.

I will love you longer than the sun warms the earth;
Longer than a loving touch will linger.
Longer than the trees will sway in the breeze;
I promise as I place this ring on your finger.


As Sure As
Poem by Kathie Rector


As sure as the sun
rises each morn,
My heart from yours
will never be torn.

As sure as the moon
lights up the night,
All my dreams
have you in sight.

As sure as the rivers
flow to the sea,
My love for you
will always be.

As sure as the mountains
reach to the sky,
I will give to you
an infinite supply.

As sure as the stars
are there to wish upon;
Like a moth to a flame,
to you I am drawn.

As sure as the seasons
change from one to the other.
My soul will never
be married to another.


Reborn
Poem by Kathie Rector


In the darkened night
is a symbol of,
shining oh so bright
for your immortal love.

Make a wish upon me,
this light brightly glows;
and you will surely see
forever in repose.

Eternity with you
is my only desire.
A love I never knew,
and desperately require.

Every breath I take
is your sweetness from within.
My senses you awake.
My mind you surely spin.

My heart you have seized.
My soul you adorn.
My body you have pleased.
My life is now reborn.


If You Could See
Poem by Kathie Rector


You'd see how much I love you
If you could look into my eyes.
Sad and mournful from this distance.
Red from sleepless nights and cries.

You'd see the different beats
If you could see inside my heart.
Elated or wild from your nearness
Or sorrowfully not striking a chart.

You'd see all the thoughts of you
If you could see inside my mind.
Wishes and dreams unfulfilled
And memories of us entwined.

You'd see how much I need you
If you could see inside my soul.
Half of it is missing,
Leaving a gaping hole.


Ten Years Strong!
Poem by kimberly sult


When we met, I knew you were the one.
You became my sky at night, and my morning sun.
When I cried, you wiped away my tears,
and if it weren't for you,
I'd still have so many fears.

You've been there from the beginning
and my world still revolves around you.
When I say "I love you", by now,
you should know it's true.
It's been ten years now,
and as we stand before our family and friends,
I'm still amazed that I have you to share
a love that endures and never ends.

I thank god for you because I'm not sure what I'd do,
if I lost the truest friend I've ever had,
the one I found in you!
To my husband in celebration of our ten year wedding anniversary.
May we always be this much in love!
I love you now more than I did then.

No comments: