Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Wedding Poems: Love (62)

I'll Love You Still
Poem by Ronald G. Auguste Phoenix, Arizona


I?LL LOVE YOU STILL

(For my wife, Anita)

When you are old, my Darling, and the days
Become mere catalogues of boring things,
And wings,
Once soaring splendid, flap on common ways,
In mellow woods where fall life?s Autumn leaves
Before snows of life?s Winter shroud the ground,
Around,
I?ll love you still.... Even as dawn retrieves
Its pearly splendor from the vanquished night,
And drapes drab city streets with holy gleams,
While dreams
Dance off to other worlds with their delight,
My hands will reach into the Arc of Time
To conjure days of laughter, buried deep,
Asleep
In bygone years, to make last days sublime.

You?ll always be the fuel for the flame
That urges me onward to finer things,
And brings
Me nearer to salvation.... When you came,
My lodestar blazed in glory in the sky,
And myriad sparks feel earthward in a gay
Bouquet,
Which I would swear is blooming in your eye!

May you be blest of God, my Darling,
And,
If fate decides I be the first to leave,
Don?t grieve ?
Since we?ll have kept our promise,
Dear, please understand....


Love Forever
Poem by Donna


I can feel the magic in the air,
And the sun shines,
It shines on our love.
I can feel your pain,
'cause your part of me.
And when it rains and the clouds are out
you always make my world shine.
And when we kiss I feel like we're in the clouds
just holding on never wanting to let go,
And I can see love forever.
Your like an angel God has sent to me.
And I feel the love I have for you will last forever.


Love Is...
Poem by William R. Espe


Love Is...

My concept of a true, loving relationship is of two people who live as one. Silences are comfortable, and we can talk with nary a word spoken. We will have a sense of what the other feels, and we will have an acceptance of our partner. That one person will be the most important in our lives and we can share in that love. Others will see us and know that we are close, strong because of each other. We will
also have our own identities and be secure in our acceptance of the other.

We will have a friendship that lacks boundaries, is built on trust and honesty. I will accept and even glory in the differences that make us unique, and I will not try to change that which you are. When something troubles one of us that we can talk freely and without hesitation of our feelings. We will not judge one another nor take
unfair blows to hurt the other when we have problems. We would have at least one sanctuary in a home that would be the place where only peace
reigns. That when we reach a disagreement, we will not seek to win over the other as no one can possibly gain from the damage it will do to the relationship.

We can sit down and look to the future together with hope and love. Planning our lives so that we both can achieve our dreams. Both of us will be free to walk away always, and that will be our way of wanting to stay. Everything that we do becomes only of our free will and not when it would hurt the other. A strong relationship also relies on God, family and friends for support, and none should be forsaken except when against you. It should not be a jealous love, and neither should seek to control the other. I recognize that you are my partner, that you are a unique individual, one of a kind. I promise I will not try to change you, nor attack your differences to me. I will savor you as you are, and try to nurture you with a gentle touch.

I will try my best never to let a disagreement go beyond the day it began, and to talk to you before it becomes too hard to talk about. If we fight, I will attack the problem at hand, not you, seeking only for a solution that we can both live with. I will not choose another over you, nor will I leave you for another. I will respect your wishes, and see you only as an equal to myself. I do not wish to use being a who I am as a way of gaining control, for if I did, I would surely lose you. You will always be free to choose who you want as a friend, and to pursue any goals you have set for yourself. I wish to live with you in harmony, to share all that life has to offer.

When you are happy and content, I will also feel so, and when you are sad, I pledge my loyalty to stand by your side. I will be your protector, that you may always feel safe, and if necessary, I will give my life to guarantee that you will be. I will stand by you in fidelity, and will not let another come between us. If you walk away from me, I will let you go out of love, hoping that it will be strong enough to help you return. I will make you the most important person in my life, and there will be nothing that I wouldn't do for you. I will ask that you use the same gentle hand with my heart as I will, and to realize that I have placed my trust in you also. I will not betray you, nor will I try to take away from who you are as a person. I promise to make you the most important person in my life.


Visions of Loveliness
Poem by Paul V. Campos Phoenix, AZ


Anxiously I await the onset of each dawn
through the morning sun I see your face
reflecting within a star all it's own
reaching out to caress the warm feeling
I can only wish that you were really here
With every breeze that passes me by
I sense your voice whisper my name
wading in the pond of my innermost affections
it is on the not so distant shore
that I feel your presence ever so near

Throughout my life I have always been told
that a special someone just like you
would one day hear my melancholic cries
Someone who will wipe the tears away
giving me back my reason to smile
while opening wide my long clouded skies

The trail of your memories was intrepidly blazed
with hopeful promises of everlasting love
your images shine brightly within my mind
Although you may not yet be aware of it
your spirit that resides deep within my heart
casts out the emptiness and leaves it far behind

There are so many things I still want to say
to boldly profess my undying love for you
yet for now they remain somewhat untold
I know beyond doubt our love will always be
you have given me visions of loveliness
upon which I can embrace and forever behold

No comments: