Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Wedding Poems: Love (42)

Treena
Poem by Brian Garrison


Here's to looking back,
See how far we've come?
From today we'll look forward,
To so much more than where we're from.

From the moment I first met you
What a pleasant surprise!
I wasn't looking for you,
But I could see a lifetime in your eyes.

I can't tell you I know what tomorrow brings,
We'll take it as it comes,
But I can tell you that I'll be here with you,
Hold my hand and we'll jump
Hold my hand and we'll jump.

These ties that bind us,
Tightly, you with me:
I promise I'll be where you are,
I promise I'll see what you see.

As the good times greet us,
And bad times pass our way,
Through disappointment and celebration,
We'll remember this day.

I can't tell you I know what tomorrow brings,
We'll take it as it comes,
But I can tell you that I'll be here with you,
Hold my hand and we'll jump
Hold my hand and we'll jump.


Dancing Stars
Poem by Shawn Mikula


As into your eyes I longingly gaze,
Like looking into the stars above,
Such dazzling beauty does ever amaze,
The stars, they dance, cause I'm in love.

As onto your sweet lips I gently kiss thee,
Tasting a fruit that seems forbidden,
You unleash bonds that set me free,
Awaken emotions that long were hidden.

And as into your bosom I find rest,
A sanctuary for my tumultuous soul,
I certainly count myself among the blessed,
To have found the one that makes me whole.

And throughout this universe I dare to say,
There is not another that could my heart so sway.


Angel Divine
Poem by Shawn Mikula


Though star-blazed skies my mind contained,
The solitude of night my heart concealed,
Love's emotions were so fully restrained,
Thus did I hide behind a self-made shield.

And then you entered into my life,
Bewildering feelings, dazed and confused,
But you continued deeper like a knife,
Until my hardness was thus subdued.

What I never thought possible for me,
You've done and that I'll always treasure,
My heart burns fervent with love for thee,
Our souls delight in each beyond all measure.

And as you now place your sweet lips on mine,
I know for certain I'm enraptured with an angel divine.


My Better-Best-Bestest Half
Poem by Lar A. Lohenry Chicago


To wake up each day
With you beside me
To see your face
No one can replace.

To smell your cologne
And feel your embrace
Giving me the courage
To believe in myself.

To hear your voice
The reason to rejoice
To share to you my vision
Without any inhibition.

I want to be with you
Everyday of my life
With you as my protector
I couldn`t ask for more.

Whatever problems we will encounter
We may stumble but never fall
For I believe in us together
We can face it all.

No comments: