Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Wedding Poems: Love (57)

Our Love
Poem by Carmel Weir


Love has chosen you for me
In all its wisdom it could see
That we were always meant to be
Together

So I have chosen here today
My true love for you to convey
And constant shall it always stay
Forever

You are the reason my heart sings
And floats aloft on gilded wings
Just being in your presence brings
Me pleasure

As we begin our life anew
Tomorrow?s brightness shining through
Our hopeful hearts look forward to
The future

May time and test our love prove true
May it bring hope and faith renew
As it grows increasingly in
Measure

And now, my love, one thing I pray
That we will always feel this way
For our love is a precious gift
To treasure


With An Exuberant Embrace
Poem by Paul V. Campos Phoenix, AZ


Thinking of you keeps me entranced
in a passionate world of fantasy
with desires burning deeply and
ceaseless emotions held at bay
The discernment of knowing that
unless all inhibitions subside
my dreams would not prosper and
in my head they will always stay
I once thought I was forever cursed
to walk amongst this earth alone
adrift through time searching for
radiance in an aura of unlight
A veracious effigy of a fallen angel
abeyant in a mystical veil of clouds
though vigilant to the world below
has no apparent gift of sight
Forged with the same steel as
the sword sworn to protect it
my heart was far emptier than
the spurious smile on my face
You pierced this impervious fortress
armed only with a promise
I will gallantly grasp our relationship
with an exuberant embrace
Until I first endured the frigid road
that led me to your presence
I may never have felt your warmth
that I cherish and faithfully respect
An inseparable union will enhance
the very lives we aspire to fulfill
as we create elegant memories
upon which we can one day reflect
As I now stand steadfast and bold
against the immeasurable distance
the dense fog once before me is
merely an apparition of a mist
My soulless passages of the past
have become a vehement quest
your undying love bestows me hope
and the inner strength to persist


You Never Failed To Make Me Smile
Poem by Rizal Rahim Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia


I thought we were the perfect couple
High above the rest of the world
But it turned out to be the opposite
Although deep inside it hurts me badly
But I still managed to put on a smile

We've been through a lot together
Through high tides, through barren lands
And there were times when we argued and fought
But those times I could never forget
For they too, make me smile

I am not perfect in any way
That, my love, I know by hard
But I could not remember when
I did not succumb to you
To fulfil your every desire

But don't get me wrong
Thinking I have regrets doing those deeds
Those things I did simply because
I wanted to see your lively beautiful smile
And in the end, did we not both smiled?

But now it seemed that things have changed
I hardly smile for within my heart
Lies an unspeakable sadness
But even so I held my head up high
To face this immeasurable world alone

Yet there will be times
When the road ahead forbids me to pass through
And I couldn't grasp a helping hand
Those will be the times, my love
When I would need you the most

Rest assure I will remind myself
For within my heart dwells silently
The memories of you and me
My own passport out of peril
For after that all my troubles would fade away

'Cause everytime I think of you
It never failed to make me smile...

No comments: