Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Wedding Poems: Love (63)

I love you
Poem by Erica Pless


I never knew you
You were just another friend
But when I got to know you
I let my heart unbend
I couldn't help past memories
that would only make me cry
I had to forget my first love
and give love another try
So I've fallen in love with you
and I'll never let you go
I love you more than anyone
I just had to let you know
And if you ever wonder why
I don't know what I'll say
But I'll never stop loving you
each and every day.
My feelings for you will never change
Just know my feelings are true
Just remember onething
I love you!!!!!


Oh Tara
Poem by Richard Ireland


Oh Tara, when she stares from up above,
all I can ever feel is her love,
it'e pure and white as snow like a dove,
her love will always fit like a glove.

Oh Tara, drives me crazy,
she puts me in a haze,
and I really enjoy this phase,
hopefully there will come a day,
when I will find the right words to say.

Oh Tara, I wonder if you see,
just how much that you mean to me,
you love me baby so easily,
you're the only one that I need.

Oh Tara, as I look into the sky,
baby you are the reasons why,
I'm feeling all these feelings tonight,
we share a love that shines ever bright,
I hold your name above me with pride


Summer eyes
Poem by Richard Ireland


Another sunny day,
another chance to say,
you mean so much to me.

I want to take this time,
to say what's on my mind,
it's just so clear to see.

As I pray to God each night,
I thank him for a love so bright,
you are my perfect prize.

Now I lay me down to rest,
you lay your head upon my chest,
honey it's such a high.

As we walk across the sand,
we stroll our path hand in hand,
I love your summer eyes!


Loving You
Poem by Betsy Foster Virginia


Written as a love song to someone with whom I was very much in love many years ago:

Loving you
It's all I ever hoped for
And all of my dreams are coming true.

Loving you
It's the sweetest thing I know of
And I hope and pray that God will see us through.

Holding you
There's a warmth I never dreamed of
And a joy so deep that it even makes me cry.

Holding you
Feeling oh so safe
Knowing that I'll love you till I die.

I may not have tomorrow
To tell you how I feel
And I may not have tomorrow
To show my love is real
I may not have tomorrow
But I still have today
To say

That

Loving you
It's all I ever hoped for
And all of my dreams are coming true.

Loving you
It's the sweetest thing I know of
And I hope and pray that God will see us through.


Sweet Love
Poem by Arthur Parkison


There isn't a day that goes by,
That a tear doesn't come to my eye,
When I think about God's gift from above,
That gift was your sweet love,
I never thought that I would receive a love like
this as I traveled through this land,
I thought I would live my life out as a lost
and lonely man,
Your sweet love has brought me out of my shell,
Your sweet love has saved me from a lonely hell,
What joy I've found by walking through life with
you hand in hand,
Oh,how I thank God for our wedding bands,
Your sweet love has made my world a brighter
place,
After all these years, I still love to gaze
upon your beautiful face,
Although time has taken its toll and your hair
is highlighted with gray,
My love for you deepens each and everyday,
So please ease my troubled mind,
Will you please remain my valentine.

No comments: