Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Wedding Poems: Love (30)

It's Called Love
Poem by Linda Stanley


It's made of hope,
And built on trust.
You can sweep it together,
But it will scatter like dust.
You can build it up,
But it can fall apart.
It can heal the soul,
Yet break the heart.
It will lift your spirits
And make them soar.
It may end a battle,
But start a war.
Make dreams come true;
Or be a nightmare.
Fill the brave with fear;
Make the heartless care.
It will make a wish.
Turn day into night.
Send it on a prayer.
Turn dark into light.
This strange thing sent from above.
To some it seems evil;
To most...it's called love.


When Time Stood Still!
Poem by Shelly Franklin


The very first time that I saw you,
It was magical, Like time stood still.
The world stopped, the heavens opened up,
And there you were, like an angel standing there.
The very moment that our eyes met was when life began.
You touched my soul with your eyes so innocent and sweet.
And in that moment I knew that my life would be forever changed.
With every soft touch and with every little kiss.
I was hoping and praying that this night would never end.
I will forever remember this night for as long as I live?
When I found my true love and time stood still.


As I Watch Him...
Poem by Shelly M. Franklin


I watch him as he sleeps,
His peaceful sleep.
He takes a breath,
First, shallow, then deep.
I breathe with him,
Gazing upon him with much love....
Studying each precious feature,
Memorizing every line, shape and curve of his being.
A little piece of heaven,
Is what I'm actually seeing.
I take focus on his lips,
Laying gently, one on top of the other...
Perfectly shaped soft and warm.
They part ever so slightly
As his sleep deepens,
And I am reminded of his kiss.
Like the sun,
It warms me from head to toe.
Each kiss comes to an end
But never quite lets me go.
Quietly I sit....
Close to him,
Still with him.
Watching him with my eyes,
Loving him with my heart,
Embracing him with my soul.
Every breath draws me closer
In spirit deeper in love.
And so... I watch him
As he sleeps, his peaceful sleep.


If I told you everything I wanted to.
Poem by Denon Carr


If I told you everything I wanted to.
What if I told you everything you wanted to here
You wouldn't even know what to do.
You would go into shock and freeze.
You would blush and wouldn't make a sound.
If I said eveything I thought of you out loud.
You really would be proud.
If I told you eveything that was on my mind.
That I think of you all the time.
You wouldn't look at me the same ever.
If i was to go off and disappear without a trace.
I would love to see you face.
If i told you i was helplessly in love with you, what would you say?
That's good please have a nice day.
If I told you that you wre the most beautiful thing I ever saw.
That wouldn't matter to you at all.
If I said you had the most amazing smile, that i have laid eyes on.
If I did almost anything to make you happy.
If I said there was nothing i wouldn't do for you.
If I was to say all these things i said to you were true.
What in the world would you do?

No comments: