Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Wedding Poems: Love (64)

Guardian Angel
Poem by Brent Nakamoto


I am your guardian angel, it is plain to see
That no one protects you more than me.

I'll shelter your heart in times of need,
I'll save your life in lightening speed.

Good deed I must done in lifetimes past
Making my eternity a one to last.

For being here for you is my greatest delight
I'll never let you out of my sight.

Sorry honey but i'm sticking to you
More than you'll want, forever it be true.

So sit back and enjoy your life
I'll diminish your pain and lessen your strife.

I'm your guardian angel, it is plain to see
That no one will love you more than me.


Tomorrow
Poem by Tiffany Davis


...and today is our day
our hearts is were we will stay
but then what will tomorrow bring
perhaps better things

...and tonight we will begin
our life as lifelong friends
but what will tomorrow be
perhaps a family

Tomorrow is now here and
our love is crystal clear
so without further delay
we wait for tomorrow our new day


Oversight
Poem by Arthur Parkison


For many years I have worked across this land,
Living paycheck to paycheck, my house built on
shifting sand,
Always looking for riches untold,
Hoping someday my dreams would unfold,
I am a dreamer with my head in the clouds,
My dreams are broken, my marriage wrapped in
shrouds,
For while I was seeking riches across this land,
I never saw the wealth I held within my hands,
Your sweet love was more precious than gold,
Your sweet smile was a sight to behold,
But I let your sweet love slip through my hands,
I didn't realize I was already the wealthiest man,
Then I prayed to God above,
Please, Lord, return to me my sweet love,
Now my heart is filled with delight,
For once again my world is brightened by her
sweet light,
Never again will search across this land,
overlooking the wealth I hold in my hands.


WHEN
Poem by Jeff


And when can I say I love you,
O when will the time be right,
For my heart yearns to tell you
That you are the end of my night.

I feel it is now, my love,
To speak these words of truth,
To shower you with sincerity
And make life's edges smooth.

I cannot keep silent much longer
This phrase I long to share;
I see your face before me,
Your eyes so very fair.

So now I dare express
That which dwells within...
Love you I no doubt do--
May I tell you once again?


Come Back To Me
Poem by Benjamin Simmons Louisiana


In my heart I need you here
In my pain I need you near
Find me, trace me, where I be
Come here, come here, now to me
I thought it was over, between you and I,
the fire had burnt out, and the ocean ran dry.
I thought it was going to be the end.
But now I'm falling in love again.
If kisses were the stars I?d give you the whole sky
If touches were tears I would forever cry
If love were water I?d give you the sea
And be with you for all eternity


Comfortable Love
Poem by Andy Jackson Dundee, Scotland


I did not know, until you came,
How happiness was measured.
The heights and depths which went before,
When totalled up, could not mean more
Than this new life I treasure.

We saw a chance and made it ours,
For chances must be taken.
One hand of cards, one spin of wheel.
I dream of you, but you are real
And there when I awaken.

Behind me are the false starts, and
The fears which hung around me.
Mistakes I made are fading, gone -
I learned from them, and I moved on.
I moved on, and you found me.

And on this day of days, we smile,
Not knowing what may follow.
This life of ours we've learned to share,
And, comfortable in your care,
I will not fear tomorrow.

No comments: