Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Wedding Poems: Love (50)

Love
Poem by Alysha Duchin Menlo Park


It is going to be only love
Now you have been joined
This is your dream come true
Your love will be the fire that keeps your love going
Your two hearts join together and become one love
Your two hearts beating together
Love is forever is your special land
Life is as long as your love
Your love is all the time you have
Forever your soul mate will be right next to you
Holding your hand
Following your step
To lay your head on
To know each others? secrets
To keep each other warm
To be on each others? mind
To have courage with
To be strong with
To depend on
To laugh with
To wonder with
To wish with
To dream with
To sing with
To hold each other
To be free with
To dance with
In the symphony that plays
Over and over
In your hearts
To write your secret songs to the soul
And write them over and over again
And making sure no harm is done
Your love will last
And never be broken
Your two Golden Rings keep you bound together
Forever
To be only yours
Love is full of choices
You made the right one
Starting here your life begins
Trust your heart
Let it last
Don?t turn back
Your arms are open wide
To each other
Hold, love, family
Have your courage see you through
Have your love bring there
Have your family love you
Love


For My Morning and Evening Star
Though the distance between our world lies vast
Your flame will perpetually burn my heart
Your light will always shine my soul
because you are alive and you are here
You are the morning and evening star
Your name is a song
sung by the cherubim and the seraphim
in the heavens above
The embracing sound of your voice lifts my soul
from the ocean of depression.
What a sight are the threads glorifying you!
For it can only have been tailored
by celestial hands
to suit your god-like image...
Yes! A god-like image!
No one can ever surpass your handsomeness
No words can describe your overpowering features
Even Homer
would be struck dumb
such loveliness that I have never laid
my eyes on before
Dear gods, if this was a man that I beheld
'tis the most beautiful creature of yours
to grace Mother Earth's grounds...
No, not just a man,
a dream, a vision, the sun!
Indeed his majety equals to Ra's;
Glorious to the eye, and
striking to the heart
The image of divinity that would strike
one dead!
Yet as splendid as you are
You have the closeness of a lover to me
for the mere sight of you banishes
my trifles
and I feel myself swept up in your arms
and your warmth caresses me gently
A voice whispers to me that:
Our hearts are turned from the same mold,
You are the tiercel and I am the falcon
we are two halves that make a whole
for without you I am dead
because you are my wheel of life
You are the air that sustains
beautiful life
You are the glow illuminating my spirit
because you are the morning and evening star
you are my heart....
you are my ......


You are my greatest inspiration.
Poem by Clara Kennedy Thomasville, Alabama


You are my greatest inspiration.
My hope, my dreams, and my consolation.
With you in my life I can't help but feel admiration.
The two of us together as one, oh what a formation.

When I look into your eyes, and you into mine
I can't help but to think of the love we share
We have a love that is beyond compare
And oh, it is heavenly divine.
For you are my inspiration.

You make my life so much more meaningful
You are the apple of my eye
No doubt we were made for each other
And this I tell you is no lie.

There can never be another as great as you are in my life.
The moments we share are so unique
Thank God for sending you into my life.
For you are the inspiration that makes my life complete.

You are my inspiration

No comments: