Saturday, December 8, 2007

Wedding Poems: Romance (7)

The Kiss
Poem by Bonnie Carnahan


As I gaze into your eyes tonight, wondering if the mood is right.
Will you hold me in your arms and kiss me till the morning dawn.
Hearts pounding at the mere thought of your kiss.
I can only imagine the sweetness of tasting your lips on mine.
Breathing in the sweet warmth of your breath as you gaze over at me.
Electricity building between our lips.
Sighing at the sight of your beautiful eyes gazing upon mine.
Our lips move ever so closer, my heart exploding nervously in my chest.
Heads swooning with love-drunkness.
Dance with me and I'll take you to a place where no other has ever been.
Dim the lights way down low, and we'll kiss a soft yet gentle kiss or two.
Kiss me like you have kissed no other and I shall love you till the end of time.
My love for you stands still in time and I can wait an eternity for just one kiss of your lucious lips.
May I have the honor of kissing thy hand before I kiss thy lips?
And I shall know more than man kind, and tell all of my love and his kiss.


A proposal in paradise
Poem by Angelia Ellis


On a sunset cruise, the sea is a million red ambers burning.
On a ship of dreams we set sail, with no plans of returning.
Up and down we are tossed about, so hold on, my dear, hold on.
We will make through these rough seas because our love is strong.
When we go down, my love, hold on to me I promise to never let go.
On a desert island we will plant a seed, and watch a lush green jungle grow.
Our hearts entwined among briers and vines,
our passions twist and tumble down a mountain side.
The stream of our love does freely flow,
to the base of a giant waterfall where red ambers give birth to a spectaular rainbow.
I do, you say, I do
I do want to always make rainbows with you.
I will, I say, I will
I will love you for life.
As much as the jungle loves the stream,
I will love being your wife.
To Richard


Today I Touch An Angel
Poem by Ed Staley


As we wed this most wonderful day,
There is something I would like to say:

Today I touched an angel
A wonderful thing for me.
I look forward to our future
and what it will be.

Today I touched an angel
I held her in my arms
Promising her my love and to
protect her from all harm.

Today I touched an angel
My heart so deep in love.
I want her by my side until
there are no longer stars above.

Today I touched an angel.
My worries disappeared.
I used to be so confused.
But with her, my mind is clear.

Today I touched an angel.
Wanting never to let her go.
I will always need her love and kindness,
and that is something I want her to know.


Friends Yesterday, Lovers Today, Soulmates Forever
Poem by Rose Piscani-Hopkins


They say it takes a lifetime to feel love
And finally find that special one
So when we meet our soulmate
We know our search is done.

But we have many kinds of soulmates
Which enter different phrases of our life
Each offering something new to us
Which will help bond us as husband and wife

Life has taught us love and patience
And to always appreciate each other
So may you never take love for granted
For it will wrap you in each other?s arms forever

On this your wedding day
As you take your vows together
Remember you were friends yesterday, are lovers today
And now soulmates forever?


My Soul Mate
Poem by Lisa Shannon


You Mr. Holley are my soul mate, never before has someone loved me as you do
You never ask me to change who I am
You simply ask ?Can I love you??
You never ask me to change my life
You simply ask ?Can I be a part of it??
You never ask me to be perfect
You simply say ?I love who you are!?
You never ask me abandon my family
You simply say ?They are my family too!?
You never ask me to give up my dreams
You simply say ?They are now my dreams too!?
Today I want you to know,
You are who I am,
You are my life,
You are my perfection
You are my family and
You have fulfilled all of my dreams!!!

No comments: