Saturday, December 8, 2007

Wedding Poems: Romance (17)

I Dream Your Love
Poem by Katherine Branton


Lying alone on my bed,
I trace the shape of your face in the air.
Your soft dark eyes
And your raven hair.

So I lay alone,
Waiting for you; I dream, I pray.
You come to me like a fragile leaf,
Carried by the wind then blown away.

I am just being foolish to think,
That I am anything you are looking for.
You shy away from my touch,
And I want you even more.

What have I done wrong?
What can I do to make it right?
Will you be mine?
Say 'yes', not 'maybe' or 'I might.'

I love you.


On this Special Day
Poem by Averil Hatton Aukland New Zealand


On this special day
you take my breathe away,
and when the day is over,
and the stars come out at night
I look into your eyes,
and know it is so right.

From the moment we met,
in my heart a secret was kept,
But every-one could see,
you were so right for me,
When I asked you to be mine,
you wept and said yes,
and my heart just leapt.

You make the sun seem brighter,
The music sound much sweeter,
the doves sing and take flight,
I rejoice and praise god,
that I meet you,
Each day now has meaning,
and is so wonderful and new.

On this special day,
I give my heart away,
my love, my life to you,
and in every way,
I will make my devotion so true,
and make every day a special one,
beause my darlng I truly love you.


Remaining Years
Poem by Arthur Parkison


Dearest Sweetheart, when I saw your picture so many years ago,
And my sister told me on a date you would go,
I said "Why would this pretty girl want to go out with me.?"
Because,up till then, no girl had wanted to you see.
But then I met you and my heart leaped a mile,
Such a beautiful girl with a heart warming smile,
I don't remember what was showing at the drive-in that night,
All I could see was your beautiful light,
You had such a great personality and I had so much fun,
I knew right then that you were my special one,
When I asked you if I could kiss you, and our lips first met,
My heart done flip-flops and took off like a jet,
As we talked till the wee hours of the morn,
I felt inside like my spirit was re-born,
That is why after three months,I asked you to be my wife,
I wanted to be part of the rest of your life,
On our wedding day, when we said "I Do," I felt so much joy inside,
Now I had someone to love me, Oh, what a beautiful bride.
Since I didn't know how married life should be,
I cause you a lot of heartache and misery,
But now I thank the Lord above,
For shoring up your tender love,But then I met the Master and through his loving care,
He has taught me how my love to share,
Now that our love is flowing in both directions,
I feel like our love is nearing perfection,
As our anniversory draws near and we celebrate in a special way,
My love for you grows deeper each and everyday,
You know my love is deep when,
I would say "I Do" to you all over again,
Sweetheart, I look forward to our remaining years,
With a lot more laughter and a lot less tears,
Now our love is so tender and sweet,
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making my life complete.

It has been forty years. This is to show young couples today, If you are married to your soul mate, it will last a lifetime.


I wished upon a shooting star
Poem by Andrea Kennedy North Yorkshire, England


I wished upon a shooting star as I lay alone one night;
To send me someone wonderful who'd love me all my life,
Someone really special who would take me as his own;
Then that shooting star exploded, leaving me in darkness all alone.

But, still I kept on wishing as those dying embers faded
'Cause I had been alone so long, my thoughts on love were jaded.
I really needed someone I could love with all my heart;
Someone funny, warm and caring, from whom I'd never want to part.

Then, suddenly, lo and behold, you came into my life.
You stood by me through sun and rain, now want me as your wife.
So I'll meet you at the altar love and give my heart to you
The stars will celebrate with us as we both say, "I do!"

Written for Peter, the love of my life...

No comments: