Saturday, December 8, 2007

Wedding Poems: Love (72)

Secret to Lasting Love
Poem by Debra Accardo


Check the air
Does it smell of sulfer on a misty summer's dawn?
Does the wind blow on your face to stir the moment?
or is there only the silent stillness of stagnation?

Only the early moments of light bring hope to today's sorrows.
You must catch it as it flees,like the aroma of a blooming bud.
Left unoticed, it withers, it loses it savour, its beauty.

You must truly see the ones so precious with your eyes, with your soul
or they will pass like the mornings first light
Without movement a pond will first lose its beauty, then its life.
All that thrive in it wither away or find nurturing elsewhere.

Stir the waters daily,
breathe movement with appreciation
cultivate with love
Here lies the secrets to lasting love...


I Love You
Poem by Adrian Gogue


I never really new you
you were just another friend
but when I got to know you
I let my heart unbend
I couldn't help part memories
it would only make me cry
I had to forget my first love
and give love another try
and if you wonder why
I don't know what I'll say
each and everyday
my feelings for you will never change
don't know if my feelings are true
but don't forget I still love you


Love In Full Bloom
Poem by Tammy R Craddock Jacksonville, IL


Imagine me as a flower,
Delicate,and yet,bold.
Your smile is my sunlight,
Keeping me from the cold.

Shower me with kisses.
Quench my only thirst!
For that is what inspired me
To grow from the very first.

Breathe,take in the fragrance,
The scent of my desire.
Does the aroma please you?
Does it stir your inner fire?

Pluck away all of my petals.
Scatter them on the ground.
When you're standing in this path,
Your presence I'll surround.

Although I'm left with just a stem,
I will begin anew.
My love is as deep as my roots.
I'll always blossom for you.


Amazing
Poem by Jaclyn R. Svaren


It's Amazing...
How one person can change your life
How a smile from you can erase everything bad
How life seems less scary when you're holding my hand.

It's Phenomenal...
How fate brings two strangers together
How I survived before I knew you
How, whenever I'm with you it's like a great new adventure.

It's Beautiful...
How love can be so unconditional
How learning about you is like reading my favorite story.
How loving you is so easy.

And I'm so thankful...
That I'm able to know this
Amazing
Phenomenal
Beautiful person
And because...
I LOVE YOU


crying
Poem by vannessa hunsberger


Sitting here thinking when i'm at home,
alwyas thinking about you when i'm alone.
Sitting here thinking with my eyes all sad,
thinnking about how you hurt me so bad.
Lying here thinking where you are,
not knowing if you are far.
Hurting so much when we are apart,
knowing that you stole a piece of my heart.
For some reason i am not mad,
all i think about is why you make me so sad.
Can't go to sleep with you on my mind,
knowing that you were alwyas so kind.
Thinking of your gentle kiss,
and how i loves that moment of bliss.
When i first saw you i thought that i,
would never find another guy.
When i first saw you you stole my heart,
thinking that we would never part.
I gave my heart and soul to you.
now i just don't know what to do.
I call and call everyday,
and can't bear the thought that you're slipping away.
What to do? I don't know,
i thought that you would never go.
You never call me on the phone,
I'm starting to realize that i'm going to be alone.
Now all i do is cry and cry,
but the right thing to do is to say good-bye.

No comments: