Saturday, December 8, 2007

Wedding Poems: Romance (18)

I Couldn't Ask For More
Poem by Cindy Oliver


I couldn't ask for more than what you're granting me today,
The opportunity to shine as good fortune rules my way.
An extra chance to cherish you for what you've given me,
A love so pure and supple which I've longed to finally see.
I've got all I've ever wanted having you within my life,
I couldn't love you any less if we were never man and wife.
But I'm so fortunate to celebrate the chance we will unite,
As we treasure all the memories as it all fades into night.
This is all I've ever wanted, this is all I'll ever need,
Just to stand beside you now and always and watch our lives succeed.
I couldn't ask for more than this, the love 'tween you and I,
And I'll cherish every moment for every second that goes by.
It's a wonderful occasion filled with family and friends,
There is people here to show us that they come with love to send.
And the joy within my heart, so tremendous, so divine,
I'm so glad to show the world that this day's for you to shine.
It's another day to like you, to love you, to show you,
That I'm proud to have ever met you, to feel you, to know you.
And with that thought in mind that's why we're standing here today,
So I can look you in the eyes and voice the words I've longed to say.
In the presence of everyone here today who'll listen upon my vows,
I'll be your partner from this day forward and I'll prove it here and now.
For richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, you won't have to question my heart,
I'll love and I'll cherish you, I'll repeat if you want me to, 'til death does us part.
As the years go by they'll just get better as our love does grow,
And of all the disagreements met our love won't cease to show.
When circumstance has struck us tough, we will thrive to move it,
In any situation there's no reason we can't work through it.
As we look back on this day and we think about tomorrow,
We've made it this far now and we've indeed ignored the sorrow.
As the future hails upon us each and every day achieved,
We can be proud we're together and we will strive to always be.


Our Heart
Poem by Joseph J. Sajczuk, Jr Denver, Colorado


The day we met, friends in deed
Our hearts protected from sadness and glee
Honest we were, not pretending to be.

Your eyes to mine I could see
Our hearts danced, together we would be
Our hardened hearts soften did we.

Together we would be
My heart I gave you, your heart to me
I cherish your gift of thee.

Friend you are to me
Husband and Wife now are we
Our love for eternity.

To the end of my earthly days I promise thee
All I have in me
I give to you, for I so Love thee.


Touched My Heart
Poem by Terence J. LaPoint


The first time I saw you and look into your eyes to say Hi
When I saw you from a distance whether it was from across the room or just passing you by,
You Touched My Heart!
As we spoke in casual conversation either with friends or one on one,
I would see that perfect smile that would light up a thousnd planets..... perfect with the sun
You Touched My Heart!
Each day that comes with the amazing thoughts of you consuming my mind
The tremendous feelings of seeing you again that is like love for the first time
You Touched My Heart!
The first touches of your hand across my chest with the feeling of tenderness and love in your soul
First kiss upon my lips which was so deep, that took its toll
You Touched My Heart!
When we embrace each other, locked together, we are one with perfect rythym in our heart
As we become closer together as best friends, we've become soul-mates that can not be broken apart
You Touched My Heart!
When you said "Yes" to our life for eternity, made my life complete
You told me how much you love me with out a doubt
As we journey through life together, I promise you my eternal love again and again with every heart beat
You Touched My Heart Forever!


Two hearts
Poem by Clarence Allen Iva, South Carolina


Two hearts beat
at first independently singular
until the first glance
that first interlude;

Two hearts beat
irresolute'ly singular
through the pretenses, hopes and fears
until the rhythms smooth----the "I Do's"

Two hearts beat
in unison, beat by simultaneous beat
as if one, meshed together
in God's perfect love

Two hearts beat
sharing the flow,warmth and rhythms
of the ripples cascading from
two hearts forever as one

Two hearts beat
my wife's and mine
forever entwined
Dottie's and Mine

I love you

No comments: