Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Wedding Poems: For the Couple (1)

Wish
Poem by Jeanne-Marie Casey Pocasset, MA


Today is a dream realized from years past
The white dress, the wedding cake, the promise of a love that lasts

Today is the beginning of a journey the two of you now share
The vow to love, honor, and cherish now seen in the rings you wear

But tomorrow, tomorrow you will wake as husband and wife
Where the person next to you is yours for life

And so my wish to you both is that when you wake each day
You will turn to each other with the same look you share today


With the first sight....
Poem by Tara Grogg for the couples


With the first sight,
I knew we were meant to be.
With the first kiss,
I knew it was not a dream.
With the first touch,
I knew it would last.

Now here we stand,
in front of our family and friends,
to go down that road,
to endless love and passion.

So take this vow and take my hand,
Close your eyes and see that it will never end.


Today, Your Special Day
Poem by Robyn Carter UK


Love and Life, this day doth show
Moments of pleasure and moments to grow
As you take this step towards a place so clear
You will be reminded of that which has brought you here

A hint of a smile, a questioning glance
A secret wish to take the chance
Conversations and laughter formed a bond so strong
You both instantly knew where your heart did belong

Time moved on, time worth spent
Your love for each other did blossom and ferment
You placed your hand on each others heart
And made a pledge to never part.

Along came a jewel, a mixture of you
In the form of a son so handsome and true
A symbol of life, yours to hold
Proof of your love, so evident and bold.

And here you are today as one
Hope, trust and love lives on.
Through good times and bad, it is plain to see
You are friends as well as husband and wife to be

Think of the friendship, as you take this vow
Of the past, of the future and of now
Treasure its strength, as it will take you through
And place a circle around the words I love you.

Join your hands together as you say the words
Look into each others eyes
For inside you will see a love so strong
You know where your future lies

May your marriage be for evermore
May you be the centre of each others life
As you say I do, and pledge your love
You will joined as husband and wife.


What I have been waiting for
Poem by Marie Ruggiero New Jersey


Since I was a little girl I made a prayer to god,
that some day my soulmate would come and be my love.
I knew since the first day I met you that you were sent from above.
You have been my best friend, my love, and the one I live for.
You never let me down, you always kept your shoulder there for me to lean on.
And now I will be there for you till I die, and even when I die I will be your gaurdian angel.
An angel who will help you at your worst and hold watch over you.
I loved you since the day we met, I felt that firework burst inside.
I never thought my dreams would come true,
that is until I met you.
For all the love in me is all in you,
thank you sweetheart for making my dreams come true.

No comments: